Page 58 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3848505152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: ALPHARMS 15SA Shotgun SPECIAL $555.00 UPDATED Page 35!

Quote Originally Posted by conrad01 View Post
    I got called last Tuesday and completed the payment. was kinda hoping it was going to be here Friday but I guess next week.
    You get one then?
    Freedom costs a buck 'o' five.

Yes i ordeed one and Just checked the mail.. not here today

Sa15 showed up today. According to the other posts the mags no longer have the raised rib that needed to be modified and they put on a rubber cover on the charging handle. Showed up wraped in black plastic and no damage. Too bad im at work right now.

CGN Regular
    Are these a softer recoiling semi? I have recoil sensitivity to pumps (i get a headache for some reason) my winchester sx3 is the softest shooting gun I own, 28" barrel kills it for turkey. I currently own a warrior shotgun with an 18" barrel but it recoil pretty good with turkey loads compared to my sx3. Very interested in this either way. Also has anyone had any luck pinning the mags for hunting?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Mine weighs 9 lbs with the red dot, BUIS, TLR light and a sling. The recoil with full power Federal 2.75" OO buck is pretty gentle.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

BANNED
    Pinning the mag was easily done I made a plug for one of my mags out of a piece of 1/2 inch plywood.
    I made it 3 1/2 inches long by 2 inches wide and just fits inside mag spring.
    The mag will now only hold 2 rounds when inserted.

Shot my 15sa fir the first time. Used 2 of the 3 mags I had for it. kicks less than my stoeger p350 that used to give me head aches after 10 shots. Me and my 11year old son put 75shots through it. Gun was lubricated with fluid film before shooting. We had about 4 mags worth of shells that fed without any problems. We had some double feeds with 2 or 3 left in the mag and usually had a few that stove piped if that is the expression. We also had a few that didn't quite ramp up onto the bolt face and needed a little bolt jiggle..

The only thing that ticked me off was after cleaning it for the first time was the spring had a slight burr on it where they cut the ends.. After reassembly I cycled the action a bunch of time the spring scratched the slide rod and got sticky fast. Removed the barrel and bolt, ran some emery cloth on the rod to smooth out the scratch, and cleaned the rough edge on the spring. Ready to go again.

Hit a few clays with it but having a hard time finding where it shoots with the factory sights. . Used challenger shells only for my test.

I'm still having a lot of issues feeding rounds even after the modifications to the magazines The rounds keep catching on the sharp edge of the barrel coming into the reciever and smushing.

I think the magazine is an issue for the feeding problems but I think the biggest culprit to the feeding issues is that the transition from the receiver to the barrel is not tapered smooth so the barrel comes into the receiver with a sharp rather large ridge and if the plastic shotshell is not fed perfectly straight into the barrel chamber it hits the top or side of the barrels sharp edge and being plastic it just gets smushed into the sharp edge and then stops. If they tapered the start of the barrel to make it a smooth transition with no ridge or sharp edge for the shotshell to catch on THAT would solve the feeding issue I think much more then messing with the magazines. As it is its just any round not not fed perfectly centered into the barrel catches an edge so trying to make the magazines feed rounds perfectly centered is good but tapering the edge going into the barrel so its flush and smooth with nothing to catch would be a much better solution.

Any way to get that done ? Get the edge of the barrel tapered going into the chamber so there is nothing for the plastic shotshell to catch and grab

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    I'm still having a lot of issues feeding rounds even after the modifications to the magazines The rounds keep catching on the sharp edge of the barrel coming into the reciever and smushing.

I think the magazine is an issue for the feeding problems but I think the biggest culprit to the feeding issues is that the transition from the receiver to the barrel is not tapered smooth so the barrel comes into the receiver with a sharp rather large ridge and if the plastic shotshell is not fed perfectly straight into the barrel chamber it hits the top or side of the barrels sharp edge and being plastic it just gets smushed into the sharp edge and then stops. If they tapered the start of the barrel to make it a smooth transition with no ridge or sharp edge for the shotshell to catch on THAT would solve the feeding issue I think much more then messing with the magazines. As it is its just any round not not fed perfectly centered into the barrel catches an edge so trying to make the magazines feed rounds perfectly centered is good but tapering the edge going into the barrel so its flush and smooth with nothing to catch would be a much better solution.

Any way to get that done ? Get the edge of the barrel tapered going into the chamber so there is nothing for the plastic shotshell to catch and grab
    Please send an e-mail to Dave our Gunsmith: Dave@wolverinesupplies.com he can give you a couple of tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Please send an e-mail to Dave our Gunsmith: Dave@wolverinesupplies.com he can give you a couple of tips.
    LOL didn't work

Your message to dave@wolverinesupplies.com couldn't be delivered.
    dave wasn't found at wolverinesupplies.com.