Page 59 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39495152535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: ALPHARMS 15SA Shotgun SPECIAL $555.00 UPDATED Page 35!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage View Post
    I'm still having a lot of issues feeding rounds even after the modifications to the magazines The rounds keep catching on the sharp edge of the barrel coming into the reciever and smushing.

I think the magazine is an issue for the feeding problems but I think the biggest culprit to the feeding issues is that the transition from the receiver to the barrel is not tapered smooth so the barrel comes into the receiver with a sharp rather large ridge and if the plastic shotshell is not fed perfectly straight into the barrel chamber it hits the top or side of the barrels sharp edge and being plastic it just gets smushed into the sharp edge and then stops. If they tapered the start of the barrel to make it a smooth transition with no ridge or sharp edge for the shotshell to catch on THAT would solve the feeding issue I think much more then messing with the magazines. As it is its just any round not not fed perfectly centered into the barrel catches an edge so trying to make the magazines feed rounds perfectly centered is good but tapering the edge going into the barrel so its flush and smooth with nothing to catch would be a much better solution.

Any way to get that done ? Get the edge of the barrel tapered going into the chamber so there is nothing for the plastic shotshell to catch and grab
    Same issue with mine. Shells keep getting stuck on that sharp edge and jamming. The edge is so sharp that it cuts a line through the plastic shel.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Please send an e-mail to Dave our Gunsmith: Dave@wolverinesupplies.com he can give you a couple of tips.
    Could we get these tips posted? Mine does the exact same thing. Have not been able to run a complete mag through in 150 rounds.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I'm still having a lot of issues feeding rounds even after the modifications to the magazines The rounds keep catching on the sharp edge of the barrel coming into the reciever and smushing.

I think the magazine is an issue for the feeding problems but I think the biggest culprit to the feeding issues is that the transition from the receiver to the barrel is not tapered smooth so the barrel comes into the receiver with a sharp rather large ridge and if the plastic shotshell is not fed perfectly straight into the barrel chamber it hits the top or side of the barrels sharp edge and being plastic it just gets smushed into the sharp edge and then stops. If they tapered the start of the barrel to make it a smooth transition with no ridge or sharp edge for the shotshell to catch on THAT would solve the feeding issue I think much more then messing with the magazines. As it is its just any round not not fed perfectly centered into the barrel catches an edge so trying to make the magazines feed rounds perfectly centered is good but tapering the edge going into the barrel so its flush and smooth with nothing to catch would be a much better solution.

Any way to get that done ? Get the edge of the barrel tapered going into the chamber so there is nothing for the plastic shotshell to catch and grab
    I'm seeing this with the 5 round mags, especially the less shiny extra mags I ordered.

With Uzkon 46 mags the problem is the angle of the shell in the mag is too low and it either fails to contact the bolt or smushs into the side of the magazine.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

LOL didn't work

Your message to dave@wolverinesupplies.com couldn't be delivered.
    dave wasn't found at wolverinesupplies.com.
    Very sorry my error should have been: David@wolverinesupplies.com Trying to rush first thing this morning as I have been away all day didn't pay!

See the sticky at the top of our page: Alpharms 15 SA - Quirks and Tips:

Barrel Burr:
    This is not a major issue, but I have seen it on two guns, Check the barrel chamber where she is machined for the extractor. You may find a burr at the end of the cut, you can feel it with your finger tip, A few strokes with a needle file will clean this up, or use a piece of fine emery paper on you finger tip. Do not use any kind of power tool like a Dremel as if you overdo this you will void the warranty.

Let me also add something else we just found out, with some shells the top of the brass base to the case is not "crimped" into the body of the case. "Crimp" is really an exaggeration but examine some different shell and you will see what I mean. If not really smooth these will aggravate any feeding problem.

We have also learnt that when the mag is a very tight fit in the mag well they don't feed as well as when the mag fits looser. Also obviously don't ride the bolt forward on the first rd and keep the action well lubed.

I don't even touch the charging handle on mine anymore. Load mag hit bolt release , good to go, reload mag , hit bolt release good to go. I lube the hell out of it right before shooting like John has mentioned and my mags and gun are broke in nicely after about 400-500 rounds. I have smoothed out any burrs or contact/rough spots with emery cloth when I have it stripped to clean. Runs like a champ now. Mine likes the score target loads 1 and 1 1/8 weight.

Mine will feed a mag then jam twice on the next then run flawless for 2 more .. same issue on all the mags. Tried some winchester #6 and i found the plastic to be harder than challanger shells. Still the same thing. Remington #6 same thing.. the doubble feed issue i have once in a while might be caused by short brass and the crimp issue wolverine said. On a diferent note the 01sa i bought is ausom .

If anyone is looking for accesories tooth and nail armory down in the states sells parts for a gun called the leader arms ar 12. Sometimes called pw arms ar 12 , pw arms is the importer down there. This gun just happens to be the same as the Alpharms . In fact leader arms is the parent company of Alpharms . Anyway they make an aluminum handgaurd with a side charging handle I just ordred one . Thinking about picking up there trigger aswell. They also have aluminum one piece handgaurds with optional top and bottom rails .

Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    If anyone is looking for accesories tooth and nail armory down in the states sells parts for a gun called the leader arms ar 12. Sometimes called pw arms ar 12 , pw arms is the importer down there. This gun just happens to be the same as the Alpharms . In fact leader arms is the parent company of Alpharms . Anyway they make an aluminum handgaurd with a side charging handle I just ordred one . Thinking about picking up there trigger aswell. They also have aluminum one piece handgaurds with optional top and bottom rails .
    Let us know how that goes and post some pics an aluminum handguard would be a nice upgrade

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by drill702 View Post
    I have bought a lower reciever and trigger group from them. Mat is excellent to deal with, part quality is excellent