Page 60 of 64 FirstFirst ... 405052535455565758596061626364 LastLast

Thread: ALPHARMS 15SA Shotgun SPECIAL $555.00 UPDATED Page 35!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CobraGT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by conrad01 View Post
    Mine will feed a mag then jam twice on the next then run flawless for 2 more .. same issue on all the mags. Tried some winchester #6 and i found the plastic to be harder than challanger shells. Still the same thing. Remington #6 same thing.. the doubble feed issue i have once in a while might be caused by short brass and the crimp issue wolverine said. On a diferent note the 01sa i bought is ausom .

My experience hasn't been positive, either... feeding issues, with all of the mags (I bought the gun with 4) and with all the ammo I've tried (at least 5 or 6 different kinds of ammo). Did the mag mods that were suggested - no change. At least one, if not more, misfeed per mag. I think I'm going to look at returning it. I REALLY wanted to like this gun, but I can't stand finicky firearms!

This is the problem I keep having:

Last edited by CobraGT; 05-28-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    The right to buy weapons is the right to be free Barbarus hic ego sum, quia non intelligor illis
    EE Ads: Insurance is NOT included on any agreed "shipped" price!
    I take no responsibility for an EE item once it has been shipped.

I had mine out for the 1st time yesterday. Purchased 4 additional mags. Made the modifications as indicated. Loaded 5 rounds in the 5 magazines. 1 misfeed as the picture above shows per mag. Used new Federal 00B and Challenger bird shot. Same misfeed on round 2 or 3. I called them and was advised to use an emery cloth on the edge of the barrel where the misfeed occurs. Now I just have to get that damm bolt out from the end. Do love the firearm though, hoping that this will be solved real soon.

MKA 1919 Mags fit so do UZKON 10 rounders also but you have to pin those.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinbad View Post
    MKA 1919 Mags fit so do UZKON 10 rounders also but you have to pin those.
    Would this not be analogous to the LAR magazine in AR and other STANAG rifles? That is the magazine is made to work in a pump action shotgun and it is irrelevant what firearm is subsequently used with it.

1. The Rock River Arms, LAR-15 Pistol qualifies as a "handgun, commonly available in Canada".

2. The cartridge magazine for this handgun as manufactured by C Products LLC has been deemed to be acceptable as a "handgun magazine" as it meets the following criterion:

a) It is designed and manufactured for use in a handgun commonly available in Canada and has a capacity of not more than ten cartridges of the kind or type for which the magazine was designed.
    b) The cartridge magazine for this handgun as manufactured by C Products LLC is not an adaption of a magazine designed and manufactured for use in a semi-automatic rifle.

3. The design that has been found acceptable as a handgun magazine is held by the RCMP, Firearms Support Services, Firearms Reference Table Section as a "pattern". This particular design and NO other design is approved for use as a "handgun magazine for a handgun commonly available in Canada".

4. As an assist to identification, the cartridge magazines which have been deemed acceptable as a "a magazine for use in a handgun commonly available in Canada", bear the following identification markings on the body or magazine case, applied at the time of manufacture by the manufacturer:
    The reality is the legislation specifies how to determine the capacity of a magazine... it does this by classifying the magazine itself for type and capacity based on what that magazine was "designed and manufactured" for. The legislation makes no reference to what firearm the magazine is subsequently used in once it has been classified and its' legal capacity determined.

The classification of, and the legal capacity of a magazine does not change simply because it is placed in or used in a handgun, a semi-auto rifle, a pump rifle, a bolt action rifle, etc..
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

You can buy a 30 mag pinned it's now a 5/30 legal mag. These shoot the same 12 ga ammo so if it's pinned don't see why there should be a problem. Obviously being a semi auto the 5 shot rule applies.
    Unlike a bewoulf mag where it's built for different ammo all together yet are being filled with a different caliber. All I'm pointing out is that a lot of these Turkish parts are interchangeable same as flash hider/chokes.
    Our laws are so confused and stupid that wouldn't say do it or don't do it. All I'm saying is it can be done.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by geologist View Post
    Would this not be analogous to the LAR magazine in AR and other STANAG rifles? That is the magazine is made to work in a pump action shotgun and it is irrelevant what firearm is subsequently used with it.
    You are right, you can have the UZkon 10 shot mags in a semi automatic shot gun WITHOUT pinning the mags. As long as the mag is legal it does not matter which firearm it goes into. Since there is no limit on a pump shoitgun and those mags were made legal by the RCMP for the that shotgun they were imported for

Just wanted to error on the legal side. I only wanted to point out they fit. Also they are not stamped at least the ones I saw. If your in the bush hopefully it won't be a issue.

CGN Regular
    Keep the receipt might be an issue in the bush, won't be when it gets to court
    A F & A.M / / / 2B1ASK1!

Quote Originally Posted by CobraGT View Post
    My experience hasn't been positive, either... feeding issues, with all of the mags (I bought the gun with 4) and with all the ammo I've tried (at least 5 or 6 different kinds of ammo). Did the mag mods that were suggested - no change. At least one, if not more, misfeed per mag. I think I'm going to look at returning it. I REALLY wanted to like this gun, but I can't stand finicky firearms!

This is the problem I keep having:

Mine does the exact same thing, usually when picking up the first round if you use the bolt release (magazine spring mods have been done, Challenger and Federal target loads). If you "walk" the bolt forward instead it looks like the shell has more time to pop up and go completely horizontal, none of that nose up crap. Of course, when you fire off that round the next one tries to cycle very fast and then crushes the nose and usually cuts a strip out of the rim from the extractor notch too.

So far, not a firearm you would trust your life with. I would really like to get this to run for 3 gun matches.
    ORA - BRRC - IPSC - CSSA - CCFR - DCRA

Quote Originally Posted by Bugout View Post
    Mine does the exact same thing, usually when picking up the first round if you use the bolt release (magazine spring mods have been done, Challenger and Federal target loads). If you "walk" the bolt forward instead it looks like the shell has more time to pop up and go completely horizontal, none of that nose up crap. Of course, when you fire off that round the next one tries to cycle very fast and then crushes the nose and usually cuts a strip out of the rim from the extractor notch too.

So far, not a firearm you would trust your life with. I would really like to get this to run for 3 gun matches.

Mine does the same. I had originally given the gun a rating of 6/10 dropping this to a 2/10 possibly the worst money I have ever spent on a gun. I have never bought a new or used gun that wouldn't run. this thing hasn't got 100 rounds through it. Did all the of the suggested mods and still does the same thing as above. I guess you get what you pay for. originally wanted it for IPSC. That unfortunately will never happen.
    Spare time and guns, two things you never have enough of.....