Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New website up and running

I tried getting some quotes once, but it just turned into a frustrating, losing battle and I just gave up.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    A web site it supposed to do the work for you and create an easy buying process, Business 101.

A website with no pricing or inventory status is alienating a HUGE customer base. There is nothing worse and I mean nothing worse
    than clicking on a manufacturers logo and being taken to their website from yours. Having to email and ask "do you have this in stock", "how much does it cost", "how much inventory do you have" and then having to wait to hear back from you and then again having to ask, "what methods of payment do you use", etc. People will go elsewhere. As a Customer I can say that when I want something I want it now.

Let's address your 'Time Management' situation.

You are too busy to update the pricing and inventory on your web site because you are spending all day answering the above questions. A properly designed site would eliminate 90% of those redundant
    back and forth correspondence. ie: Oh cool, 180 gr Sierra Match are in stock, showing 15 units, pay with Credit card. Done. If you don't have to time to update because you are so
    busy selling, then hire a part time staffer to update the website. 90% of the other business's on here have live pricing and inventory. Unfortunately; besides contact information, your website is primarily useless.

^^^^ This nails it you have to commit to doing it and well or don't do it at all...

as a single proprietor of a small business I learned early it was necessary to get help to create the tools that allowed me to do more with less.. you have to pay to play

Supporting Dealer
    Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    Some great pics on the new site. I was happy to see your review on the Tangent Theta. I also compared it to a S&B PM II and was most happy with the wider perceived field of view. The very edge may not be as crisp where it transitions to black but the field of view more than makes up for that. You know how some scopes look like the sight picture is too small and surrounded by lots of black, like looking through a long tunnel? Well the TT certainly doesn't suffer from that.

It would have been a bonus for you to do the tracking test had I known you wanted to do one, but so far the scope is nothing short of perfection. It looks like dealing in these scopes should be as easy for you as it for your customers.
    I look forward to my own scope and putting it through its paces. I don't expect any surprises wrt to tracking or holding zero.

The stumbling block for many will be the cost of purchase. They are pricey but then, most everything has surged in price due to the crappy exchange rate.

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Supporting Dealer
    I appreciate all the comments and thoughts. Believe me, I looked at a range of options but the dollar made the decision for me.

In time, things will change and I can reassess how to best provide info and services to your all.

I get a chuckle about how fast things change.... I also started Facebook and my kids go.... "why?... no one uses it anymore"

So I am locking this thread cause there really isn't much more to add. I do appreciate all those who are enjoying the new site.. lots of positive comments. The focus will be to build up the tech section this year and really have a solid library of info to refer to.

At least that is not likely to change at the whim of some hedge fund...

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123