Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Insite Arms introducing the "Heathen" Muzzle Brake

CGN Regular
    Similar to an APA but better in a few ways for shooter and spotter and we feel it looks better. Brakes should be ready to ship on most thread sizes in a few weeks. Thanks for all interest guys
    Last edited by Insite Arms; 05-16-2016 at 08:02 PM.

CGN frequent flyer arcticcathonda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by furtaker View Post
    Similar to an APA but better in a few ways for shooter and spotter and we feel it looks better. Heathen brakes will be $225 shipped anywhere in Canada and that includes tax. Will come phosphate black and caliber specific. Brakes should be ready to ship on most thread sizes in a few weeks. Thanks for all interest guys
    Better how? Not doubting you, just want to understand how this helps a spotter more than anything?

CGN Regular
    Seems like a pretty fair price. Are these made in Canada?

CGN Regular
    Right here in Lloydminster, Alberta....

CGN Regular
    We find it helps the spotter due to the fact typically he is directly over your left or right shoulder and with the APA being so directed at the shooter n spotter it will beat a fella up and sometimes the vibrations can cause the spotter to lose the trace and its a shot down the drain if its a miss. Just less fatigue on the both really. Especially when shooting from in an enclose or comfined area. Good question dude...should have mentioned it before. Thanks

what is the outside diameter of the heathen brakes?
    Religion is the most destructive of all of mankinds inventions~

CGN Regular
    I like it, the gill geometry look really similar to the JEC Custom but more aggressive. Very nice innovation. Great work out of a Canadian company! I have an APA and can attest that they typically do a great job with recoil reduction but don't do a great job with keeping the scope on target.

Looking forward to installing some of these on some builds!

Is the lock collar simply hand tightened? Do the brakes stay put reliably like that? I like the design and have the Little B* on my short list but this brake does beat the price a little. I'd love to see an unbiased review from a credible CGNer.
    WTB full semiautomatic assault rifles, double barrel extended magazine clips, 30 magazine clips (half second or better), shoulder things that go up and high power ammo that can go through walls.

Wow! nice brake. If only I knew before buying my APA from you guys a few months back I like backing up Canadian mfg.
    CCFR and CPC member

Looks great! I would love to see one of these scaled down for use on the AR 15 platform.
    Opinions are like a$$holes and yes I have both