Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Akkar Churchill 206 Orcap - High Select Walnut Oil Finish 12ga

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    Basically inertia triggers are a single trigger that is reset to the second barrel by the recoil of firing off the first.
    Some "higher end" shooters claim that when firing light loads there isn't enough of a jolt to set the second barrel and then they miss a shot.
    I've shot more than a few thousand light loads and never had an issue with my beretta but apparently it's big business switching inertia triggers out for mechanical ones...
    I would say if you're looking at this gun you probably aren't shooting at a level where you care by what mechanism your trigger resets .
    Mechanical triggers are better for those who use the o/u or sxs for hunting like I do. It is not a matter of light loads not initiating the second barrel in my case. But if I spend 3 hours walking and then I flush a grouse, and then the shell in one barrel happens to be faulty and did not fire, I will watch my grouse fly away and will have to hope for another flush sometimes in the day

So I prefer mechanical triggers when it comes to hunting. One shell does not fire and I hear a TICK... I just shoot the other one...

So just to avoid these kind of situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Grousing View Post
    Mechanical triggers are better for those who use the o/u or sxs for hunting like I do. It is not a matter of light loads not initiating the second barrel in my case. But if I spend 3 hours walking and then I flush a grouse, and then the shell in one barrel happens to be faulty and did not fire, I will watch my grouse fly away and will have to hope for another flush sometimes in the day

So I prefer mechanical triggers when it comes to hunting. One shell does not fire and I hear a TICK... I just shoot the other one...

So just to avoid these kind of situations...
    Seems to me that you need a better dog and nice 16 gauge side by side.

Also I forgot to mention, there is a barrel selector.
    Last edited by 98/29; 02-16-2016 at 07:43 PM.
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

Is the receiver , and other metal , really as bronze coloured as in the photos...or is that just what case hardening looks like ?

RF
    Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Flyer View Post
    While I appreciate your sentiment, there are other outlets for political views.

Any more info on this shotgun?

RF
    Yeah, what would you like to know?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mr. Friendly's Avatar
    well, I'm curious about something.

very nice looking gun, but if it's got that iffy trigger, is there a mechanical upgrade for this model and is it worth doing or spending that difference on another make/model that comes with mechanical triggers already?
    power corrupts, but absolute power is kinda cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Friendly View Post
    well, I'm curious about something.

very nice looking gun, but if it's got that iffy trigger, is there a mechanical upgrade for this model and is it worth doing or spending that difference on another make/model that comes with mechanical triggers already?
    I don't think the trigger is iffy . Inertia triggers have never let me down.... I will concede as Grousing said if the first shell fails then you have to bump your stock to reset the trigger OR flick the barrel selector . That said, the one out of a few thousand shells that may fail probably isn't going to ruin your life. It's a nice gun and the reviews are great but everyone has preferences. I've shot both types of triggers and never had an issue with either.

Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Seems to me that you need a better dog and nice 16 gauge side by side.
    I have no dog and I had a Yildiz 20g sxs that I traded with an o / u because did not fit me well

Now if I can guarantee to have the wood like the one of this ad photo, I will certainly order one

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Chuckbuster's Avatar
    Not far enough north of Premier Orville Reddenbacher
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Flyer View Post
    Is the receiver , and other metal , really as bronze coloured as in the photos...or is that just what case hardening looks like ?

RF
    My understanding is that it is not case hardening at all. Rather, it is a proprietary protective finish.
    Look to your front! Mark your target when it comes.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckbuster View Post
    My understanding is that it is not case hardening at all. Rather, it is a proprietary protective finish.
    I think you are right. Close inspection of the metal in the close up photos does not show that is is case hardening. Looks like a coat of finish... Could be mistaken though