CHIAPPA LA322 Take Down Rifle .22LR

I saw one in person and....I'm sorry but that receiver is god awful.
It looks like some plastic purple swirly paint, they should of used simple black.
JMO

What does it look like taken down?

Like a mod 39 TDS.

guns%20for%20sale%205-2010%20010.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

They certainly do not look like the real Marlin . For that price you should be able to get a used Marlin.
But for all those people who can not find a Used Marlin this maybe just the thing for them . There
maybe many such people , so glad it is on the market . Hope it works as good as a Marlin ?

Frank

You would be hard pressed to even find a used one let alone for that price! Older JM Marlin's have appreciated in price especially those that have been discontinued.
Well I guess I was lucky on the last 2 that I bought . One @ an auction for $175. One @ a Gun show for $300. Both in great shape
but it was about 4 years ago. I almost bought another for $400. @ the Orangeville Gun Show 1 yr. ago , but passed because I already
have a few. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Frank

Marlin 39A Mountie and 39M (same model just different generation) have pistol grip stock.

I imported two JM's last summer along with a few other goodies.

They're all by far the greatest .22 's I have ever handled.

Can't blame Chiappa for filling the void. I'd pick one up if I didn't already have the real thing.

I've never seen a Mountie without a straight stock, I did buy a nice old 50's Marlin years ago that the previous owner had shortened. The barrel and mag tube were reduced to 18 1/2 inches and it's very nice. With the short receiver it's the same overall length of a typical 16" trapper. I don't understand why Marlin only made the 39 with the long barrel for the last 20 years of so? And even the take down model that they did make for a while (1988-1995?)had the straight stock like the mountie.

Marlin22007.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well I guess I was lucky on the last 2 that I bought . One @ an auction for $175. One @ a Gun show for $300. Both in great shape
but it was about 4 years ago. I almost bought another for $400. @ the Orangeville Gun Show 1 yr. ago , but passed because I already
have a few. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Frank

I'd agree that $175 even 15 years ago would have been lucky... :)
I walked into Lever Arms about 4 years ago and there was a nice early 70's 39 sitting in the used rack for $300..... surprise sale.

i would never buy chiappa ever again!!! Their limited production Alaskan came in rusted!!! Their quality control has to be the worst in the market. I wouldn't trust chiappa to make a nerf gun after that!!!

i would never buy chiappa ever again!!! Their limited production Alaskan came in rusted!!! Their quality control has to be the worst in the market. I wouldn't trust chiappa to make a nerf gun after that!!!

X 2 - Chiappa has some serious quality control issues, plenty of people got screwed with the Alaskans.

Back
Top Bottom