Chiappa M1-9 Carbine Wood Stock 9mm Non-Restricted

I have the wood stock model, only one jam in200 rounds.
Would be nice if it was easier to mount a small red dot or other scope

Nobody wanted the bad reviews of this carbine to be biased and wrong more than me lol
Until I saw one first hand. Maybe they aren't all bad and one two are junk but the one I saw had a stoppage of some kind or another every 3-6 rounds.
Just problem after problem.
I thought there was a better quality M1 9mm Carbine? There is the Chiappa but wasn't there another maker of it? Maybe I'm mistaken?

Nobody wanted the bad reviews of this carbine to be biased and wrong more than me lol
Until I saw one first hand. Maybe they aren't all bad and one two are junk but the one I saw had a stoppage of some kind or another every 3-6 rounds.
I thought there was a better quality M1 9mm Carbine? There is the Chiappa but wasn't there another maker of it? Maybe I'm mistaken?
Jerry Miculek does a vid on a M1 paratrooper from Inland Manufacturing

I just acquired a synthetic one. Brought it to the range with a buddy who loves the carbines. It can be a tad finicky until you figure it out. Not really my thing however he wanted it so I traded him that and a tactical 870 I had on the EE. We went to a LGS where I hand selected a new Marlin 1894 in 44mag which he paid for. He also threw in a 1000 round case of Wolf 7.62x39 ammo. We are both happy so all is good in the world. As for the carbine, it's a decent rifle for the price.

Besides the Milsurp ones there are others made in .30 carbine. (Auto Ordinance comes to mind) I think this is the only one chambered in 9mm

Besides the Milsurp ones there are others made in .30 carbine. (Auto Ordinance comes to mind) I think this is the only one chambered in 9mm

Aye, that sucks. I like the M1 Carbine design and concept. Not anywhere near as a service rifle/cartridge but as a short range varmint, field, ranch, target shooting all around general purpose handy rifle it's a great design! The only reason I never chased an actual one was the caliber. 30 carbine is very specific, uncommon and expensive (almost a buck a round after taxes in Canada!)
Having one chambered in 9mm solves that issue a hundred fold. Too bad they are not reliable. There's nothing that irks me more than dropping cash on a rifle and having nothing but problems, even if the dealer refunds etc it's the build up/let down and disappointment that gets me lol

I think the Chiappa M1-9 is one of the best bang for buck PCC's on the Canadian market. Not everyone has 1k burning in their pocket to buy a PCC. The M1-9 is an affordable carbine which to be honest you are probably buying it for the look anyways.

I really want to like these, mine the Bolt snapped in half! Got it replaced under warranty. Was a known issue at the time, I hope that issue is fixed, as I liked it. Would buy another..as per, yes, the price was good. But wouldnt rely on it to save your *ss out in the bush or anything. Hopefully they stepped up QC a bit. What are they selling for now?

feeding problems, lots of feeding problem. I got one, keep finding solutions. So far no luck

BTW, the rear sight keep dropping off. It let me have a chance to put a red dot on it. Need 11mm adaptor.

Last edited:
i'v got a wood stocked one that i bought used and so far I have not managed to make it jam or fail to feed, guess just lucked out.

La5V1Eg.jpg

Not a Chiappa but still a great demonstration that you can definitely run a M1 Carbine for PCC!

Last edited:
If the plastic parts on the wood stock model were replaced with metal, it would be a neat looking rifle.
The plastic stock version, on the other hand, has to be the cheapest feeling firearm I have ever held.

If the plastic parts on the wood stock model were replaced with metal, it would be a neat looking rifle.
The plastic stock version, on the other hand, has to be the cheapest feeling firearm I have ever held.

For $100 more you can buy a better PCC when it's on sale so what's the point right?

For $100 more you can buy a better PCC when it's on sale so what's the point right?

M1-9's are cheaper than they were four years ago. they're sub 500. Plenty worth the money if you take 20 minutes when you first get it to clean it and oil the sheet out of it, and make sure the top handguard isnt rubbing the bolt. First 200 rounds out of mine went without a single malfunction

M1-9's are cheaper than they were four years ago. they're sub 500. Plenty worth the money if you take 20 minutes when you first get it to clean it and oil the sheet out of it, and make sure the top handguard isnt rubbing the bolt. First 200 rounds out of mine went without a single malfunction

I just bought a different PCC for $100 more than the one advertised price on this thread. I guess if these M1-9 PPC's are going for $450 now its a different argument though.

Back
Top Bottom