Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Kwik Pin Review

My Kwik Pin Review

I was recently offered to try out and review the new magwedge kwik pin by Dave at magwedge and I was told to offer an unbiased review on it, so here it is:

The pin as I received it. Very nice peice with a detent so it cannot back out of the hole and a ring to pull it out when needed.

Now here comes the part I had troubles with. The pin fits so tightly that it was impossible to install by hand. I had to tap it through with a rubber mallet. Now this is probably due to the tolerances in various receivers but Im not sure. In turn I had to use a pair of pliers to pull the pin back out. I also tried lubricating the pin but the results were the same. removing the pin with pliers also marred the pin. Again a tight fit is good so there is no movement but this also makes field stripping the rifle without tools impossible. I will however run the pin for a few hundred rounds and various cleaning cycles to see if it frees up a bit and to see how it handles the abuse of a 500-1000 rounds at least.

both side views so you can see how much of the pins sticks out

This post will be updated as I put some rounds through my rifle and clean it a bunch of times. I would like to hear from other CGN'ers about their experiences as maybe this is just an issue with my receiver, so if you have a kwik pin please post up.

Again thanx to Dave at Magwedge for the opportunity to try the new kwik pin!
    Last edited by zeuce; 03-03-2014 at 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling
    NFA member

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Hi Zeuce , thanks for posting.

And I think you meant an unbiased review, at least that's what I asked for ...

When I first tested the pin I found it difficult to insert and remove as well but now it seems not too bad. There is a little technique involved .... I find turning the pin as you push it in to be helpful.

The pin is a 6mm diameter and should be a perfect match for the receiver cover hole. The detent will offer resistance to insertion and removal, as it should. Once you overcome the resistance of the detent you are home free. I guess there will always be slight variations in rifles, but as you suggest, tighter is better.

I suppose I will have to post a video to show it is indeed possible to use these things in the field without a mallet.

At the shows I show the removal and re-insertion of the pin in a matter of seconds ... if the expressions on people's faces are any clue, it's pretty impressive.

Ok sweet ill try that and look forward to your video. And yeah unbiased lol stupid auto correct!
    NFA member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ljones's Avatar
    I would test one too in my Chinese 56 that has the Kwik Rail on it if you like to see how it compares to the spring pin I used...
    No such thing as too much ammunition or toilet paper...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Mine is very tight too and will require tools to get out. Hopefully it'll loosen up a bit through use.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    Mine is very tight too and will require tools to get out. Hopefully it'll loosen up a bit through use.
    Try twisting back and forth as you pull to remove it before using tools.

It's a bit of a knack to figure out exactly how, but mine works very well now that I have practiced it.

Takes only a few seconds to take down and replace ... when I get a chance I will post a video.

CGN Regular
    Hi re the new Quickrail, I was looking at the Webpage, anyone know if they include the Quick pin with the Rail? With flat rate shipping makes it an expensive pin if you order separately. I am planning to buy the rail from reliable so I can pick up.

KwikPin is included with any order of a rail directly from the website.

Does Reliable have our rails in stock? Make sure you get the Magwedge KwikRail and not our competitor's version, which lacks many of the features of the Magwedge SKS rail.

My pin worked out perfectly. No tools needed and any tighter would leave me unable to do it by hand. Got lucky with the match to my sks perhaps. Either way quite happy with it.

CGN frequent flyer FirearmsEnthusiast's Avatar
    My KwikRail and KwikPin are simply amazing. The Pin fit perfectly and allows for rapid removal while also firmly engaging the rail system. The KwikRail is also amazing and simple to install - the toughest step being removing the old SKS rear sight - mine had a very tight leaf spring to depress.

An excellent set of products overall!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast