Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Manurhin MR88 Revolvers in 357 Mag Now In Stock

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    This is kind of an emergency if i am to buy one unmarked, i will never buy an expensive toy with barbarians markings... JP.
    The marking thing was in my mind as well
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Harry Callahan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Are they around the corner, i would buy one before they get the UN markings... JP.
    That was last year JP, spring 2016... I wouldn't hold my breath, I've spoke to Anthony about the Manurhins two months ago he didn't know when to expect them.

They were originally supposed to arrive earlier this year but they don't know if they will actually make it before summer... That's the thing with Chapuis, they rarely are on target when speaking delivery time...

"If A is success in life, then A equals x plus y plus z. Work is x; y is play; and z is keeping your mouth shut."

- Albert Einstein, Observer, Jan. 15, 1950

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    After the UN markings, it will no be worth buying, might resign myself to get an unmarked MR88... JP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Callahan View Post
    That was last year JP, spring 2016... I wouldn't hold my breath, I've spoke to Anthony about the Manurhins two months ago he didn't know when to expect them.

They were originally supposed to arrive earlier this year but they don't know if they will actually make it before summer... That's the thing with Chapuis, they rarely are on target when speaking delivery time...
    I just checked with the other dealer that also had some MR73's coming. Their guns actually arrived yesterday but all are pre sold. They have more coming but they say it will be after the UN marking date.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I just checked with the other dealer that also had some MR73's coming. Their guns actually arrived yesterday but all are pre sold. They have more coming but they say it will be after the UN marking date.

Who other than Tradex brings in Manurhins I wonder?
    Follow through isn't just a shooting fundamental, it's a life skill.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    Who other than Tradex brings in Manurhins I wonder?
    Lets give a plug to another sponsor on this sponsor’s space...
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    Lets give a plug to another sponsor on this sponsor’s space...
    I didn't know PMs were disabled.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by 98/29 View Post
    I didn't know PMs were disabled.
    It seems it is.
    America last
    America can never be great again until...
    Dream revolver Ruger 0456
    Pass on pre-orders

Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    It seems it is.
    It seems you need to have an eye exam old man. I'd say it's dangerous handling firearms in your condition. I'd wager you'd do yourself a whole lot better if you called your doctor instead of looking out for, God forbid, the name of another being spoken in another's forum.

CGN Regular
    I was the agent for MMD and GIAT in the 80s and 90s. Chapuis bought the CAD for the MR73 and MR88 late 90s from the GIAT. The MR88 was to bring the price down but still had the hammer forged barred and machined cylinder. It is a copy of the FR1 which was a lost Ruger Police contract. I was involved with the development of the MR88. The MR73 is the world's most accurate and reliable revolver. I was able to do 3/4 inch groups at 150 meters in the MR73 Silhouette. A 9 inch version with a bipod was used by the GIGN as a sniper pistol that was used successfully in the early 90s on a train hijack. The only reliability issues were by people not using the proper screwdriver and damaging screws. I have replacement screws and parts as well as s a 9 mm cylinder as all MR73 can shoot 9mm ammo! I have several grips. The lands are .356 and grooves .358. Chapuis is the largest manufacturer of African game guns and a large number of fine shotguns. The revolver line is just a nostalgia production. There were only one MR88SX and one MR88 Sport imported into Canada. Century imported some MR88 with no sights and 4 inch barrels. While there are several in North America that claim to be Chapuis importers, unless they have ordered any firearms from Chapuis, they are NOT stocking importers!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast