Canik TP9SA 9mm Pistols now in stock!

Chemist

Sponsoring Business
Business Member
Rating - 100%
395   0   0
Take a look at the Canik TP9SA 9mm pistols. They seem great and they have been getting great reviews in the US. Extra magazines are available as well.

They come in Black or Desert Tan and are $559.95 with free shipping. They come with 2 mags, adjustable back straps and a holster.

http://www.theammosource.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_3_808

canik-tp-9-sa-desert-tan.png

Shot one of these in Arizona as it was my class mate's CCW. Great trigger, which was surprising for an inexpensive pistol. Well worth consideration if you're in the market for a polymer 9mm!

Last edited:
lots of positive reviews on this pistol, seems to eat and function well with few complaints,...great price.
Hmm

Cool pistol with the striker indicator, a little overpriced in Canada. For $600 you could just add another $100-$150 and get an FNS-9 or Glock 19.

Waiting for a V2 version, I don't like the dead trigger on the SA after the striker disengage safety. Have to rack the pistol again to engage the striker on the SA, seems kinda weird.

Cool pistol with the striker indicator, a little overpriced in Canada. For $600 you could just add another $100-$150 and get an FNS-9 or Glock 19.

Waiting for a V2 version, I don't like the dead trigger on the SA after the striker disengage safety. Have to rack the pistol again to engage the striker on the SA, seems kinda weird.

Just a FYI if you are thinking of buying one. You only have to pull back on the slide about .5 in. to put the gun back into battery after useing the decocker.

Just a FYI if you are thinking of buying one. You only have to pull back on the slide about .5 in. to put the gun back into battery after useing the decocker.

In other words, a standard "press-check" to confirm a round is in the chamber is all that is required to place the striker back in battery on a TP9SA. It really does require minimal rearward travel of the slide. If, for whatever reason you have decocked the TP9SA with a round in the chamber, it takes no more effort to reset the striker than it does to manually thumb-#### a single-action pistol with the hammer down on a round in the chamber. The idea behind the decocker is not to put the hammer down on a round in the chamber - it us intended soley to facilitate stripping the pistol without having to trigger-fire the action (like a Glock) which could result in a negligent discharge. Even with a round in the chamber, the decocker will allow safe stripping of the TP9SA if the decocker is properly incorporated into the stripping procedure. That is it - that is all there is to the decocker on a TP9SA. It wasn't intended to "drop the hammer" on a round in the chamber. It is a tool for safely stripping the pistol, nothing more. Insert mag, rack slide, put pistol in holster ready to striker-fire "single action" al-a Glock, S&W M&P, etc, relying on internal safeties to do their job while you control the trigger. To unload, remove mag, rack slide, replace round in mag, and decock (always safer than a trigger pull) to ease springs. Done. No "second strike" capability is required unless you inexplicably decock with a live round in the chamber, at which time a quick "press-check" will suffice to ready your pistol. That, or you encounter a defective round, in which case a "tap, rack, fire" Immediate Action drill will sort you out.

If I sound like I am defending the decocker on the TP-9SA, it is because I am. It is a safety feature if properly employed, nothing more. You can ignore it completely and apply a Glock/Springfield/S&W manual of arms to the TP9SA with zero issues and safe as can be. The decocker simply facilitates the take-down procedure without having to fire the striker by pulling the trigger. That's it, that's all.

I am a fan of the TP9SA for a number of reasons. The ergos are great, the trigger is the best that I have ever tried on a striker-fired pistol, and the price is right. Just like my Hatsan Turkish shotgun, the value of the TP-9 far outstrips the price-tag thanks to low labour costs and state of the art CNC machining processes. The bone-stock TP-9SA gives my tuned Glock a real run for 1st place in my striker-fired stable. It is that good. Try one and you will like it!

Is it possible to hit the decocker when doing a hasty overhand charge of the slide? Doesn't look like it would being mostly on top of the slide but that could be a possibility?

Nope - not physically possible as the decocker must be depressed well below the surface of the slide in order to function.

The fact that you had to write a novel defending the decocker proves it should not be there.

Makes sense on the V2 where you can just pull the trigger again, but this SA version should just have a thumb safety.

Back
Top Bottom