Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Customer's Review - Not Spoken Lightly - Update #18

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar

A Customer's Review - Not Spoken Lightly - Update #18

***IF you don't feel like reading, just know that you need to shop here at least once to make up your mind A+++++++***

I've never been one to speak lightly, nor am I the kind that will give reviews off a quick glance or transaction. Heck, even if a place offers bad service off the cuff, I won't jump straight to words. I'll tell you now, this is not that case.

When I first heard of Tenda, it was news to me. A friend had spoken of a small up-and-comer, and was pretty darn pleased with how he conducted himself. So, on the judgement of this friend, I went over to the shop to have a little look for myself. Nondescript, and tucked away, Tenda isn't much more than a closet. Me, I like 'cozy', so this worked just fine.

Once inside, the collection of wares was small, but clearly well thought out. The man behind the counter, greeted me with nothing short of a smile, a solid handshake, as well as an introduction. Such a simple series of gestures, but one that spoke far louder than anything else in this situation. When was the last time you walked into a random store, and was immediately met with a handshake?? If I'm lucky, it happens once every few years.

So we continue chatting, we grab a few things, and then bid Steve adieu.

Fast forward to the next day when I'm checking his website, where I realize that he stayed open nearly an hour beyond his closing time, just chatting away, and treating us as if old friends. I didn't see him check a clock, close up till, or give off the faintest clue that he was closed. THAT right there gave me a smile. Firstly, I felt bad for keeping him, but that was that second 'nod' that told me what was yet to come. For the record, we didn't line up our purchases until the end, so he really had no idea that we were going to buy.

The next week, we went straight to the range, where we actually ended up running into him shooting. As soon as we walked in, he waved me over to say hello, and to give me another firm handshake. What was far more impressive, was that he remembered my name. Yes, a week later, and after mentioning it maybe twice, he'd made a point of remembering. Hell, I can't even remember the birthday's of family members. Again, we chatted through the noise, and he even let me take his guns for a spin. No questions asked - he was just happy to be doing what he was doing.

So people may say "that's nothing really, he's just trying to sell himself." Even if it were the case, I'd argue once again, when was the last time you had an experience - nay, a series of experiences - that left you in awe of such customer service?? I've lived in the country, the city, and even a few islands off-grid...

I've met some fine people over the years, but I can't say I've had too many customer experiences quite like those I've had with Tenda. I've had a couple other 'beyond the call' instances with Tenda (and so have a few friends), but I think i've already been wordy enough. Just go! Seriously.

So, here's the skinny:

- The owners are awesome people.

- The prices are beyond good, especially when you consider their buying power. I will also add that they have some DOWNRIGHT STEALS on guns/ammo...you really just need to roam around his store, and you'll know them when you see them. Like 15% on some ammo compared to the other BIG vendors. Oh, and random sales.

- The owners are stand-up people (and important distinction from my first point )

- If you can, don't buy online - just go in. Steve runs his business like the days of yore. You'll become a repeat customer - trust me.

- Great place to stop for ammo, if you're in Richmond Hill or the more accurate GTA.

Again, that was all pretty wordy - even with the bullet points - but I wanted to make sure that people knew about this little diamond in the rough. Oh, and if you're another vendor reading this, please take note: this is how business should be run.

Thank you again for great product, the great service, and above all else, for keeping it real!

Gwhysow, out!
    Last edited by gwhysow; 12-03-2017 at 05:37 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Magellann's Avatar
    I agree with everything you said, I just met Steve and his wife on Thursday at his shop and was very impressed with them as well. Its a shop I'll be returning to for sure.

I have delt with Tenda, hadn't heard of them before, but an internet search found them, and a Hornady LNL .45 shell plate I was looking for at a decent price. Phoned them up, had a very good chat, and will definitely deal with them again.
    CSSA, ADRRA, OVPL, EDSC, OFHA, CCFR
    “Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.” Mark Twain

BANNED
    Wish there were more like him around, good you have the opportunity to share good fellowship and make deals what's not to like..

I have only been to tenda once but I felt very welcome there. Steve greeted me the same way and was very nice to talk too. I hope tenda is around for a long time. There are not enough stores that have great service and prices. I really need to get back down there. It's not too far from me but I just haven't had a chance.

Excellent customer service and decent prices in the GTA area. Have dealt multiple times with Tenda and will keep on being a customer.
    Don't worry about it, you'll just get a headache

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SteelCap's Avatar
    The people and prices are good.

CGN frequent flyer
    tenda has become my go-to store for reloading supplies. always service with a smile and he even helps me bring my stuff to my car so i dont have to walk back. i have never experienced such great service.

being only a few minutes away is also a bonus.

Should put Vendor name in thread title

"Vendor - Tenda; Costumer Review, Great experience!"
    - Elite System Performance
    - IPSC-IDPA-CSSA-CCFR-NFA-CGN ~ DVC ~
    - Slow is smooth, smooth is fast
    - Better to have it and not need it then need it and not have it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Tenda is great. I work close by and I walk for about 20 minutes to get to his store. I bought some reloading supplies and they are very friendly people. I'm already a repeat customer. I jokingly told them once that they are bad for my wallet

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast