Thread: tikka 7mm rem mag

tikka 7mm rem mag

. I have a tikka 695 in 7mm. Would like to turn it into a decent LR shooter any suggestions? Or are they pretty good outta box? Gun is stock.

Supporting Dealer
    Depends on your goals, objectives and budget. There is no one right answer... we can offer all sorts of solutions but first you need to be very clear about what you are trying to accomplish and what you want the rifle to have for features and layout.

Saying your want a fast car... doesn't really mean much.

Have you shot this rifle?

Are you aware of any work already done for the bedding?

Will you reload?

Jerry

Check out my Facebook page... Mystic Precision Inc

Email me at mysticprecision@gmail.com or PM

yes. ive owned this gun from new. hasn't been shot a lot. I did take it to a gun smith. from what he said if you are familiar with the 695's the stocks. they are pretty decent from factory. there is no real place to bed them unless u were to mill material out? I did have a look myself and it does not look like there is anywere that could be bedded. it does come with a factory recoil lug. which the new t3's do not apparently. and yes I will be reloading. I figured this year I will play around with it and if I get enough rounds thru it then next year I will look at replacing the barrel. also im looking at optics right now to put on. I here a lot of good things about the swfa ss scopes but apparently not available. so was also looking at vortex as well. 4-14 range. I do hunting as well so will be using it for that and would like to start to get into LR shooting.

Supporting Dealer
    If there is any movement between action and stock, there is room for better bedding. The Tikkas I have seen had some of the best factory bedding but they all had some slop. Bedding them is a pita.

As you say, shoot it.. see what it does. Change the barrel if not happy.

have a look at the Sightron line up. They have a strong track record of superb optics and reliable tracking... let me know if I can quote.

Thanks

Jerry

Thx Jerry. I have looked at sightron abit. What would pricing be on the s-tac 2.5-17.5x56 irmoa be? Do you have in stock?

Supporting Dealer
    Please PM or email for quotes. Will need full mailing address and email address

Thanks

Jerry