Seeking Bi-lingual customer service and inside sales person

Canada Ammo

Business Rep
Business Member
Canadaammo.com is seeking a bi-lingual French/English customer service and inside sales representative.

Position can be located at Head Office in BC or at your home if applying from abroad.

Required skills are as follows:

1. Fluent in both spoken and written French and English
2. Considerable knowledge of firearms and related products
3. Experience in customer service and sales
4. Conflict resolution skills
5. Good telephone demeanor
6. Ability to self-manage

What we offer:

1. Competitive compensation package
2. Medical and Dental Benefits
3. Employee Discount
4. Flexible hours
5. A great team to work with

Please email resume to ryanj@canadaammo.com and info@canadaammo.com

Thank you

Will get my Resume to you tomorow, I could work from home no issues.

But I havent written a resume in 15 years lol...

Good day, have you tried to look at veterans? Being in the CF and getting out your offer is extremely interesting problem is, I am not living in BC, but there is probably some bilingual ex-CF members in BC that can do the job, all the 6 points you list are common formation/experience for a CF member.

x2 ^. I think I've met 6 Quebecer's in my life, all of whom spoke fluent English. The volume of mainland Chinese I've spoken to in that same time span is easily 100 fold, if not more. Edit: I have also spoken to roughly the same amount of Indian folks, so speaking Punjabi would also be an asset as well. I need to bump my Rosetta Stone courses up a couple notches on the priority list lol.

x2 ^. I think I've met 6 Quebecer's in my life, all of whom spoke fluent English. The volume of mainland Chinese I've spoken to in that same time span is easily 100 fold, if not more. Edit: I have also spoken to roughly the same amount of Indian folks, so speaking Punjabi would also be an asset as well. I need to bump my Rosetta Stone courses up a couple notches on the priority list lol.

I'm not sure either why they need someone who speaks french for an "inside sales person", but I guess that person will do some customer support too. I agree that most quebeckers speak enough english to get a transaction done, even over the phone. And the Sureté du Québec (which is our CFO) paperwork is in both languages, so it's not really a problem either. But my guess is that there's a lot more PPA (haha, that's the french for PAL) issued to french-only speakers than there is to mandarin or punjabi speakers in Canada.

In any case, you can get a PAL if you speak either one of the official languages, so any customer support employee has his bases covered if he speaks both. But someone who is unilingual punjab or mandarin will have a hard time during the interview. And Canadaammo's customer base is anyone with a PAL, not anyone in BC.

Yup, I do agree with you VinnyQC. I was going to comment on the fact that having equal representation of both our official languages should be much more commonplace nation-wide and personally think there should be more emphasis on learning Mandarin, Punjabi, Spanish, German etc early in the school system, but that's for a different thread.

I could speculate as to the need CanAm has for Francophone inside sales reps, but for now I just want to know how long they'll give me to freshen up my French vocabulary lol

I could speculate as to the need CanAm has for Francophone inside sales reps, but for now I just want to know how long they'll give me to freshen up my French vocabulary lol

They posted the job offer here about a month ago and still haven't found someone suitable. I guess you have until they fill the position. I'm not sure how easy it is to find someone bilingual, interested/knowledgeable in guns, and bilingual, but I'd think it's a challenge.

Now I'm not sure exactly what the job is, but if it requires to speak to customers over the phone, I'd think more than a gr11 french would be required. Holding a simple conversation with someone face-to-face, where non-verbal language can help, or sending emails, that's easy. But helping a confused or angry customer over the phone in your non-native language, that's an entirely different level of diffculty.

Anyway, if you think you have what it takes to do the job, send them your resume. Worst case scenario is they don't follow up and that's the end of it. Best case you get a new job and cammo get a new hire.

Just like everyone else in BC you need to get out of BC more and I don't mean going on a booze fest to Vegas or Mexico.
canadaammo sells all over canada not just BC.

Back
Top Bottom