Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any chance of seeing 5.45x39?

If be much more inclined to grab the NEA if they are serious
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Surplus 4.45 hasn't happened til now, not gonna happen in the future neither.

A 5.45 AR is right at home in the U.S.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Surplus 4.45 hasn't happened til now, not gonna happen in the future neither.

A 5.45 AR is right at home in the U.S.
    I'd be more inclined to believe we would have a huge market for it here as we can openly import the surpluss ammo,where the US has banned further imports.

Even wolf ammo,if it can stay competitive to modern 7.63x39 prices,would be cheaper then using .223

I'm ready to take the dive assuming retailers can get us the ammo.

CGN frequent flyer
    In Pakistan, govt restricts but 5.45x39 but if you call it .222 or as they call it "triple two" it's all kosher.

Similarly 7.62x51 is banned but 308 is good to go.

Gun laws are ####ed up everywhere.

Oh for f-sake... why can CZ not make an 858 model rifle in 5.45 ?? Call it whatever the hell you want, just do it already.

Lots of us are dieing to get some keyhole groups in our targets on a budget!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mt666tm View Post
    Oh for f-sake... why can CZ not make an 858 model rifle in 5.45 ?? Call it whatever the hell you want, just do it already.

Lots of us are dieing to get some keyhole groups in our targets on a budget!
    Because they aren't too keen to make it in 7.62x39 in either cz858 or cz958. The vz58 line has never been made in 5.45 x39 in either civilian or military versions.

It could be made, but CZ has other guns on the works that they are pushing to market. Mostly for the US.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Ya, i know. Our market is too small to justify production as they'd never get enough market penetration due to the AK74... I'm just hating

That said... if the AR and non-restricted XCR, Tavor, etc was available in 5.45, with a steady stream of surplus incoming, it'd be an easy sell

-

I'd drop dime on an XCR in 5.45 if ammo was available in surplus. And an AR upper for sure!
    Last edited by mt666tm; 02-21-2016 at 01:31 AM. Reason: xcr

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    Because they aren't too keen to make it in 7.62x39 in either cz858 or cz958. The vz58 line has never been made in 5.45 x39 in either civilian or military versions.

It could be made, but CZ has other guns on the works that they are pushing to market. Mostly for the US.
    uhh why not just contact CSA then.

AR's and XCR's are an easy conversion,tavors are not being made in 5.45 anymore due to issues with the kits they weren't willing to reinvest in to solve,so 2 very popular rifles right there are a very easy conversion.

Now if we had a retailer who has some pull with a manufacturer who could produce something like the type 97,Vz58 or any other popular rifle i could see this becoming just as,if not more viable then .300 blackout,which ammo is considerably more expensive.

For guys who shoot AR's or XCR's this caliber is an easy adoption,you can even use plain old P-mags to feed it,or 7.62x39 XCR mags,and chances are .50 beawolf mags will work as well,other types of shooters,it might not be that appealing,but considering our laws do allow importation of ammo from places no longer available to the US,this caliber has a lot of potential use for us here.im sure if we can get a steady supply of ammo,we can find 5.45 rifles to shoot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Seems like the going rate in the US now is $220/1000 for the 5.45 round. That appears to be the commercial Wolf/Tula/Bear ammo.
    Perhaps the 7n6 ammo (no longer to be imported to US) could be sourced cheaper for the Cdn market than the above mentioned Wolf/Tula/Bear? If so, that would be wonderful.

I would consider investing in a XCR 5.45 caliber conversion kit if the 5.45 could be had for a good price, and even a bolt action in that caliber too.

Mr. CanAm, any is there a possibility of getting 7n6 or low cost 5.45, or not feasible, not going to happen for us? Any comment appreciated.