Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Any chance of seeing 5.45x39?

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Yes, they make. Price is the same as PMC
    There you have,I'm willing to bet PMC is a more reliable option the .
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Quote Originally Posted by freekshow001 View Post
    An sks with a barrel, bolt and mag change is still going to be cheaper than buying a xcr or upper for an AR. If ammo becomes more readily available i may just dust off my dad's old lathe and get some barrel blanks and see if i can make something work. I will have to tig weld the bolt face for the smaller 545x39 rim. Will need to get one of those AR SKS mag blocks to run a 5.45x39 AR mag since the 545x39 wont run reliably in 762x39 mags
    None of that work is free unless your time is worthless. If you like doing it, thats great! No objections here! My point is simply that I personally wouldnt even spend 400 dollars for that. Id rather just build the upper.
    An SKS to me is a stash gun to do exactly that, stash it and forget about it.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by $kull View Post
    None of that work is free unless your time is worthless. If you like doing it, thats great! No objections here! My point is simply that I personally wouldnt even spend 400 dollars for that. Id rather just build the upper.
    An SKS to me is a stash gun to do exactly that, stash it and forget about it.
    Hey thats all fine an dandy, your allowed your own opinion but have fun shooting that round at designated firing range with your AR. The beauty behind the sks is not only is it cheap and fun but its non restricted meaning you can take it out in the woods and hunt with it if you choose so. Thats why i think its a perfect platform for any kind of conversion that is only available for the AR like the 6.5 grendel, 6.8 spc, 25-45 sharps, 458 socom and 50 beowulf.

I am going to build an sks in either 5.45x39 or 6.5 grendel just for my own personal amusement and than if there is any interest maybe i will look at selling conversions. All the small bore calibers will be easy to do, the big boys like the 458 socom and 50 beowulf will need some extra work for everything pinned onto the barrel

Anyone here interested in buying bolt/barrel combos for building an AR-15 in this caliber? Magazines would be available as well. Here's the link to the thread: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...-15-in-5-45x39

I'm interested in 5.45x39, but I want it in a AK74. Lol
    CONFIRMED...SEND IT!

if a non restricted gun in 5.45 that was reliable and reasonably accurate came to Canada I would buy it in a heart beat.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789