Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Introducing THUNDERSHOT™ Rimfire Exploding Targets!

CGN frequent flyer
    mostly it was to see if my hunch was right about how it worked. Odd about the rule involving 12j, you would think it would apply only to explosives that are their own chemical, example Nitro glycerine PETN,or RDX. A binary explosive with a brand name would be tougher to identify without documentation in regards to spills or accidental ingestion. any how, don't matter to me gubberment wrote the laws we just have to follow them lol.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo any updates as to an estimated availability date? Will I see this at Wholesale Sports in Winnipeg this Winter sometime? Maybe a fun Christmas gift?

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon Energetics View Post
    Thundershot Rimfire is fully authorized for manufacture but due to the events in Fort McMurray earlier this year and the high fire risk during the spring and summer, as all rimfire-sensitive compositions pose a greater fire hazard we felt the prudent and responsible thing to do was delay their release until the dry season was over. The big picture was far too important to us to worry about immediate sales. We had planned to announce the decision publicly but felt it wasn't necessary to cause alarm with respect to all binary targets.

In the meantime we took advantage of the delay to partner with a new bottle manufacturer based in Canada and had a custom mold made especially for Thundershot and Thundershot Rimfire containers. This maintains our commitment to keeping as much of our business within Canada as possible. We are currently gearing up for the first production run of Rimfire which will be available a bit later this year.

In the interim make sure to check out the Thundershot For A Year Sweepstakes we're running with over $8,000 in prizes! We're proud to support ALL of our dealers across Canada with this amazing promotion so check in with your nearest retailer!

Yes they will. The minimum impact velocity is approximately 850-900 fps; we've been able to detonate them at 100 meters with .22 subsonic LRN and even high velocity .22 short!
    Well we are now at the end of the year, winter is around the corner and i still can't buy your Rimfire product. The dealer I buy most of your product from also has heard nil about the rimfire target since Feb.... So do i continue to buy from Sure Shot this winter for the rimfire exploding targets? I only used 10lbs this summer, 11lbs if you include the Thundershot binary with the SureShot aluminium mixture.

As far as how loud or intense the "booms" are between the two products. In my findings the Hi-velocity binary targets have a deeper boom with more "felt" percussion than the low velocity. The low velocity binary targets seem to have a louder pitch to them more of a crack if you will. Both will echo around the country side, bush, slough/lake equally.

Expired Business Member
    Sorry guys, you know how it goes sometimes. When you're ready to roll with something, sometimes another party isn't! We're trying hard to get them into your hands by Christmas and we really appreciate everyone's support and patience, we promise they're not vaporware.

Sooooo how bout this summer?

Expired Business Member
    We realize it's been a while for these things and we appreciate everyone's patience and anticipation. Last thing we're waiting on is the boxes which were redesigned to better fit both the Canadian and US markets. Soon!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234