Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: CZ Warranty Depot for Canada...

Tried to buy an extractor for a cz97 through grech. I emailed for an update once a month for 4 months. Sometimes I had to resend it a couple of times to get a response. Finally after 5 months, I asked what the eta was. They had no idea and couldn't confirm if it was even ordered. At that point I told them not to bother. Had 2 of them shipped to my retired grandparents in Arizona from czusa within a week.

8 months after the original email, I received an email saying my extractor was now in stock....
    Don't know who dropped the ball, but for sure won't even bother with them next time. Luckily most CZ firearms are reliable and common parts are available.

Business Member Rep
    Importets are Wolverine Supplies, Big Rock Sports, North Sylva and London Arms.
    If you have warranty issues with CZ/ Gretch contact john@wolverinesupplies.com immediately. Wolverine Supplies is meeting with the factory this week to air these exact concerns. Help us help you.
    Last edited by Wolverine Guy; 09-18-2017 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    If you have warranty issues with CZ/ Gretch contact john@wolverinesupplies.com immediately. Wolverine Supplies is meeting with the factory this week to air these exact concerns. Help us help you.
    Maybe Wolverine Supplies could start a separate thread in your forum for this ? Helps out ALOT of very pissed off people....

Thanks for stepping up to the plate and we wish you the very best of luck changing CZ's after-purchase / service reputation in Canada around.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine Guy View Post
    That is great. could you tell CZ that gretch has dropped his balls way too often and I am really surprised that they are still a designated warranty center. I am sure many will echo this as we get next to zero warranty covered because they are handled by ppl like gretch who does not give a single @#$% about customers.

BANNED
    These stories seem to go on and on with CZ.. especially in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Canada tail View Post
    That is great. could you tell CZ that gretch has dropped his balls way too often and I am really surprised that they are still a designated warranty center. I am sure many will echo this as we get next to zero warranty covered because they are handled by ppl like gretch who does not give a single @#$% about customers.
    I've never dealt with Gretch but can say the bigger picture to me is that CZ puts the warranty center into a no win situation. I'd bet there is a reason they have to keep changing warranty centers and it isn't because it's a great and profitable experience for the warranty center.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Canada tail's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chilidip View Post
    I've never dealt with Gretch but can say the bigger picture to me is that CZ puts the warranty center into a no win situation. I'd bet there is a reason they have to keep changing warranty centers and it isn't because it's a great and profitable experience for the warranty center.
    certainly not a profitable for cz but this is crucial to the reputation of a company as of how they deal with after sale issues. Canada is a secondary market so most manufactures do not care as a matter of fact, we can hardly get parts here.
    But the sad thing is there is not a lot of competition and variety here, so when there are only one or two viable options, buyers buy regardless.

I just submitted a CZ warranty claim with Grech. I'll report back my experience.

Here is my very recent story with cz products. I hope it never happened on anyone else because it sucks.
    I ordered a cz 527 carbine from a local dealer. Waited three months to get it since it was shipped from US.
    The second day I received it (last week) I went out sighting in the scope and the first round got stuck in the camber - I couldn’t load the brand new gun! So I thought it was because it was too new - actually I talked to the other firearm dealer in town couple days later about the issue I had and they thought it was because cz’s machining tolerance is too small.
    So on that day, I tried everything I know to “fix” the problem and I was indeed able to feed the gun with the magazine. 40 rounds through the barrel that day and the cz 527 seemed to be very inaccurate.
    Went out shooting yesterday with another brand new cz 527 which needed breaking in as well.
    The problem showed up again and it was way worse. I don’t know maybe because it was a colder day or not the cz 527 with feeding problem couldn’t take any cartridge. So I compared the two bolts very carefully and mamma-Mia!! They were machined in totally different ways on some parts!
    First the extractor on the “bad bolt” has a different shape, it is a lot thicker and uses a different profile. I couldn’t figure out why cz used different cuts for the same product, the bad one looks like unfinished.
    Second and the most critical finding was that the bolt face on the bad bolt didn’t fit for the 7.62 39 cartridges. It is defactive and I don’t believe there is anyway to fix it because it was machined in a wrong shape!
    I am so frustrated and I am a cz fan. Now I totally lost faith in them.
    I will talk to the dealer next Tuesday to hear how they can help me out. Worst case scenario is they can’t help but because of the discussion here I won’t send the gun to the current warranty shop simply because I don’t want to wait for a year.
    I made a couple videos about the problem and these two videos were surposed to be nice target shooting vids but turned out to be complaints.
    I hope cz feel my frustration - letting a defective rifle out of the shop is unacceptable! Period.

Are warranties even needed with CZ? Lifetime quality in my experience!

Sad to hear since grech outdoors was a sour experience for me. Really though CZ are lifetime guns so no worries! Not just bashing grech, they were terrible for not answering the phones or fixing issues.