Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Largest Display of Retail Guns in Alberta

Largest Display of Retail Guns in Alberta

We currently have over 1200 guns on display in our store. Of this amount approx. 250 are restricted pistol and rifles. We of course have a few thousand more duplicates in our vault. Over 75% of our inventory is still at last years lower prices. Our inventory is moving fast due to selection and pricing and we are quickly selling through this inventory. (if anyone knows where there are more guns on display please let me know). Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

BANNED
    thats ALOT! im actually curious to know who would have more (canada wide of course) who's got more than 250 restricted in one store? BC wide NOONE

I've been in the store lots over the years and for a smaller size store, they have guns well displayed around every corner. Lots of well informed and helpful people working in the various departments too. Always fun to go in and see the new stuff. Everybody there always seems to have the time and a smile on their faces for customers as well.
    It's just a tiny bit too bad from a buyers perspective that the horrible recession here in Alberta hasn't seemed like its affected the gun business though for us customers. Looked at a 6399$ rifle in there last week and am definitely in the market to make a once in a lifetime purchase of very hard earned cash for it, and was told there was zero room to move on full retail price. Don't get me wrong, every business has the right to do what works for them and I don't pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes there, was just hoping to get a break with everything else that's happening here in Alberta right now. Guess I'll just have to wait for our crappy dollar to go back up in several years for that gun deal to make sense for me. Maybe I'll be lucky and that rifle will have a couple more birthdays in the shop and they will be a bit more motivated to move on price?
    There are definitely online dealers selling it cheaper, but I'd really like to support my local dealer, if they'd let me. Lol, ok enough rant, and if you haven't been to the store, it is definitely worth the trip to check it out!

BANNED
    Pics of this awesome display? Set your camera on panoramic

CGN Ultra frequent flyer remyltr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Donut View Post
    Pics of this awesome display? Set your camera on panoramic
    lets see this man cave
    typical British wankers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Only 1200 ish.

Most disappointing that you can't do better.....
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redrams9 View Post
    I've been in the store lots over the years and for a smaller size store, they have guns well displayed around every corner. Lots of well informed and helpful people working in the various departments too. Always fun to go in and see the new stuff. Everybody there always seems to have the time and a smile on their faces for customers as well.
    It's just a tiny bit too bad from a buyers perspective that the horrible recession here in Alberta hasn't seemed like its affected the gun business though for us customers. Looked at a 6399$ rifle in there last week and am definitely in the market to make a once in a lifetime purchase of very hard earned cash for it, and was told there was zero room to move on full retail price. Don't get me wrong, every business has the right to do what works for them and I don't pretend to know what goes on behind the scenes there, was just hoping to get a break with everything else that's happening here in Alberta right now. Guess I'll just have to wait for our crappy dollar to go back up in several years for that gun deal to make sense for me. Maybe I'll be lucky and that rifle will have a couple more birthdays in the shop and they will be a bit more motivated to move on price?
    There are definitely online dealers selling it cheaper, but I'd really like to support my local dealer, if they'd let me. Lol, ok enough rant, and if you haven't been to the store, it is definitely worth the trip to check it out!
    These folks posted from shotshow....some of the details and pratfalls of retail in the gun business in Canada. When it comes to the firearms that sell, and the ones that have markup, it is often not the upper end items. I could see that a retailer like ATRS, that also manufacture their high end stuff would have a larger markup.....but then again they pay top wages for CNC and machinists.

Guns like the Savage Axis and Ruger American are "popular" to consumers for price, and retailers for markup. I would bet that the $6400 rifle is only a few hundred over actual cost, and any replacement would be $1500 more. We have the Canadian Peso, and who is to know if this rifle is NOS, or bought after the $ became the peso.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    We currently have over 1200 guns on display in our store. Of this amount approx. 250 are restricted pistol and rifles. We of course have a few thousand more duplicates in our vault. Over 75% of our inventory is still at last years lower prices. Our inventory is moving fast due to selection and pricing and we are quickly selling through this inventory. (if anyone knows where there are more guns on display please let me know). Phil.
    Careful now one of those UK reports might write a story and say you have enough firearms to supply an army, can you hear weeping already!
    I hope to take a road trip in the summer and have look

Quote Originally Posted by dakaroo View Post
    Careful now one of those UK reports might write a story and say you have enough firearms to supply an army, can you hear weeping already!
    I hope to take a road trip in the summer and have look
    We are about to start our annual pilgrimage of gun shows next month and in BC we will be in Kamloops, Prince George and Dawson Creek. We will also be at the Calgary Easter show, Fort McMurray, High Prairie and Grand Prairie. Phil.
    P&D Enterprises (Retail dealer in Arms, Ammo and Accessories)
    10552 115 St Nw
    Edmonton AB
    T5H 3K6
    Phone (780)420-6419
    Fax (780)420-1945
    Visit our Site http://www.p-d-ent.com

BANNED
    Is there any market for you guys in BPCR guns? I was thinking of getting into it awhile back but nobody really carries any meaningful selection. They all say they can bring them in...but it would be nice to be able to lay hands on one before shelling out for it...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast