Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Largest Display of Retail Guns in Alberta

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Guess I'm the strange one.

If I am serious, I call.
    I guess it's all about individual preference how we shop . Online shopping has grown dramatically in the past number of years .

Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Guess I'm the strange one.

If I am serious, I call.
    Strange? No but it might be time to toss the VCR lol, Your statement "if I am serious I call " does not apply to the small companies like EBay and Amazon
    Member of the CCFR

In a perfect world we would not need guns.....this is not a perfect world

Quote Originally Posted by P of PDent View Post
    We used to put optics prices on the website but the prices changed so often that we couldn't keep the list accurate with the current MAP (minimum advertised price). If we advertise below MAP then we are in breach of our agreements. We can sell at any price we want just not advertise below MAP. Currently we are leaving old inventory (guns, scopes, ammo, accessories) at the old prices and only putting new received products at the new higher price (sometimes at 20-30% more). This leaves our pricing scattered all over the place with no consistency at all. By doing it the way we currently are, we are offering old (less expensive) pricing on many things in stock which many customers are realizing and taking full adavantge. If anyone contacts us in person, by phone or email then we can give out the exact prices listed without breaching our MAP agreements. To describe our current business as "brisk" would be an under statement. We are working at near capacity serving as many customers as possible and some days having record sales volumes. Building a new E commerce website would be a nightmare at present with our current pricing issues. Our money currently is going into buying inventory to serve the customers at hand. We do not have the available staff or management time to change direction at present. We are about to start our gun show season (something that our competitors who are heavily invested in E commerce either don't do at all or at a much smaller scale). Our gun show effort and investment is substantial and serves an incredible customer base in western Canada. Phil.
    Got any ole, 1960's guns at period pricing?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    I did the round of Calgary gun shops last month and noticed a lot of nice inventory, just looking at the quality and quantity of what was on offer made me think that business was pretty good in the Albertan high end toy department these last few years.
    Old stock is good value this year, Thanks for holding true with the old price on old stock Phil!
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345