Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Czech Imported P-38 Pistols in at Dlask Arms Corp.

You will NOT find these for $3-400 Cdn. dollars. Period. If you do it's because they are fake or someone is at risk of not being able to pay the rent and needs the cash NOW. The last batch I saw in the US went for $875 USD and they sold over 70 pistols in 3 weeks. I know because I called the seller to ask what the demand for these was before I bought them. We are not in this to rob anyone, we sell for fair market value and I think these pistols will go for between $875-1000 depending on the grades etc.

If you don't want one then don't buy one. But please don't come onto our forum and tell me you can get these for $300 because that just is not true.

A Russian capture pistol is no less valuable than a non capture pistol. It is still made by a German factory during the war and if it's condition is good then it demands a good dollar. Only the post war pistols are *cheap* from what I can glean.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

.....and garands and as issued enfields are worth 200 bucks....times change people...wow...
    Dear Justin...I'm from BC...a few years ago your Dad gave us the finger, we would like to give it back...

"SUCK MY FAT ONE YOU CHEAP DIMESTORE HOOD"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Would not mind paying for a pristine all matching pistol of this model... JP.

$875-1000 is a little high. I can see all matching P-38 go for $1000 and up. I think $700-$875 is a fair price for mismatched Russian captured P-38s. Don't get me wrong, personally I prefer RC because no one shot them for the last 70 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post

A Russian capture pistol is no less valuable than a non capture pistol. It is still made by a German factory during the war and if it's condition is good then it demands a good dollar. Only the post war pistols are *cheap* from what I can glean.

Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    I would not have any interest in buying a Ruski capture P38 at all, and for sure they are less valuable and perhaps not even desirable by serious collectors.
    "What we got here is a failure to communicate"

BANNED
    tagged for interest...

CGN Regular
    to me, i would prefer a russian captured one, has more history behind it, alot more likely to have seen front line action.

Unhappy I HAD one, once...

I had a nice P.38 when I was stationed in Germany in the 1960s, and I wouldn't mind having another one now to bring me full-circle. Mine had a beautiful holster c/w accessories.
    The War had been over for just 18 years when I arrived, and there was still a fair bit of kit still left. My P.38 had been in circulation within our company for years, and had changed hands many times. When I was rotated out I sold it to the next trooper for the same as I'd paid for it. I wonder where it is now?
    So here I have a chance to own another one. If I can get one, I won't let it get away this time!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I'd dispute the assertion that Russian capture guns are no less valuable. That has not been the case in my experience.

As to AC and BYF being worth more than CYQ I'm not knowledgeable enough to comment. However, I always understood Spreewerke had the lowest production (283,000 vs over 590,000 Walther) so it seems somewhat counter intuitive that such would be the case. They do have a reputation for being aomewhat rough/more crudely made (late war production) so that may account for it.

I'm always a little hesitant to draw any assumptions about a gun's value in Canada from US market data. It has always seemed to me that cheap modern guns are more costly in Canada while collectible guns tend to be worth less here than in the US.

FWIW I bought a very nice 90%+ all matching Spreewerke (late war...sept 44) on the EE recently from a knowledgeable collector. We settled on a shipped price in the $600's and we both felt it was a fair deal.
    Last edited by sailor723; 02-27-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    My father has a vet bring back one, though I'm unsure of the make.

Nice looking guns, but lousy to shoot if his is a typical specimen.