Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Czech Imported P-38 Pistols in at Dlask Arms Corp.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Oh well I'm moving on
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    I was waiting for them to chime in as well but guess they want the suspense to continue for awhile. I was waiting impatiently like the rest of us and after reviewing their OP stating that the guns were in house, I sent them a email asking for an update. Their response was as follows:

"We were contacted by a collector and are in negotiations to sell the entire lot to him. This is preferable to us instead of dealing with individuals please understand."

I kinda thought they were used to dealing with individuals as they sell products daily from their website so I guess they are going in a different direction..... Not impressed.....
    I agree....Dlask should not have started this thread and gained the interest of many to now go this route...Dlask, you may of gained an easy sale to a 'collector' but I can guarantee you will loose (or have already lost) many other repeat customers, including me...

Quote Originally Posted by tommyinbc View Post
    I agree....Dlask should not have started this thread and gained the interest of many to now go this route...Dlask, you may of gained an easy sale to a 'collector' but I can guarantee you will loose (or have already lost) many other repeat customers, including me...
    Make an idividual customer happy, peeve off dozens of others?
    Haha Interesting business practice...

Looks like Dlask behaved like typical pizdabol - they simply do not have any P-38.

That's not cool building up the hype then disappearing, I was hoping to get one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    That's not cool building up the hype then disappearing, I was hoping to get one of these.
    Especially when they told us they had them in hand and then not come back and at least update the thread. I waited a couple of days before posting their reply to give them a chance to fess up.

Quote Originally Posted by bush1 View Post
    Especially when they told us they had them in hand and then not come back and at least update the thread. I waited a couple of days before posting their reply to give them a chance to fess up.
    Sorry Mate, we don't need to 'fess up' to anything. After we posted here we were approached by a collector (who saw this thread) and are in negotiations to sell him the lot. This saves countless hours of us having to deal with individuals and itemize every little detail about each and every pistol, i.e. we will make money. That's why we are in business. I certainly didn't mean to 'hype' anything, I posted them on CGN because that is why we pay $1,000's of dollars every year to be here, to advertise our wares.

If you feel slighted because you didn't get a pistol then we are truly sorry but that is business.
    Cheers,
    Leigh
    Dlask Arms Corp.
    www.dlaskarms.com

“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Quote Originally Posted by Big_red_truck View Post
    9228F was manufactured before 9197K so it is possible ... You can find the same serial number on different pistols which is why you have to be careful. The letter is different and follows alphabetical order if that makes sense. Sorry i'm not the best at explaining. walther went to 10,000 then started at 1 with the next letter

625$ for a non matching AC sure ... as soon as you have a none matching part it's all down hill from there. It's like selling something with a missing or broken part. All collector value is gone and it becomes a shooter. Something else i hate is someone selling a pistol with a reproduction holster as a "historical package". If you buy collector items , educate yourselves and acquire a trained eye!
    Sorry, you're right, the suffix (a-z) was the significant "digit", starting the numbers from 1 to 10000, so 9228F would be a legit number.
    To your other points: that's why I ended my spiel with "it all depends on what you're looking for". A collector-grade all-matching non-refurb P-38 will certainly lighten up your wallet, especially if it's any of the rarer variants.
    If you're looking at a shooter, on the other hand, it's silly to expect that the piece will be all-original. It would be even sillier to buy a collector piece and use it as a range practice gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlask Arms View Post
    Sorry Mate, we don't need to 'fess up' to anything. After we posted here we were approached by a collector (who saw this thread) and are in negotiations to sell him the lot. This saves countless hours of us having to deal with individuals and itemize every little detail about each and every pistol, i.e. we will make money. That's why we are in business. I certainly didn't mean to 'hype' anything, I posted them on CGN because that is why we pay $1,000's of dollars every year to be here, to advertise our wares.

If you feel slighted because you didn't get a pistol then we are truly sorry but that is business.

Wow.
    Next time, save yourself a trouble of typing up multi-sentence reply and just post a picture of a middle finger. As a matter of fact, add it as an opening picture to your every post on CGN, as this seems to best describe your understanding of Customer Relations, PR and what you call "business". That way we also wouldn't bother ourselves by reading any of your posts.

Glad I haven't spent a penny on DLask, and from now on wouldn't even consider to.
    And to back up my fellow Russian speaker on this thread: "Typical pizdabol behavior on DLASK part.

Quote Originally Posted by borsch View Post
    Wow.
    Next time, save yourself a trouble of typing up multi-sentence reply and just post a picture of a middle finger. As a matter of fact, add it as an opening picture to your every post on CGN, as this seems to best describe your understanding of Customer Relations, PR and what you call "business". That way we also wouldn't bother ourselves by reading any of your posts.

Glad I haven't spent a penny on DLask, and from now on wouldn't even consider to.
    And to back up my fellow Russian speaker on this thread: "Typical pizdabol behavior on DLASK part.
    Yeah, Leigh could have posted right away that there was a potential lot sale to a collector and everything could go. Would have saved some headaches....
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.