Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Czech Imported P-38 Pistols in at Dlask Arms Corp.

Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    I saw this thread and wonder if I can get some info since there seems to be a lot of knowledge regarding P38's

I have this ac43 P38, with documentation stating it was brought back by a RCAF officer (uncle) and the holster which is stamped with the name of the German officer

The barrel is a different serial number(206b) than the slide and frame (242c).

I realize it is not as valuable when not matching but interested in a rough idea of value out of curiosity, not looking to sell.

Thanks for any info.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Without looking at the gun, stamps, proofs, etc. it's hard to judge. It doesn't appear to be a particularly rare variant, and, as Mr Big Red Truck pointed out, while mismatched numbers bring down the value, documented bring-back brings it up. The rest is in the finer details. What he stated for a proposed value is a fair amount based on details provided and current condition of Canadian market. You might get more in the USA. Whoever scooped up the DLASK's pile might also offer more, they're obviously not too picky :-)
    Quite honestly (and I'll probably piss off Big Red now) for the sentimental value vs. the sales value, to me the sentimental value outweighs the monetary gain. I'd rather sell something that's easily replaceable.

Quote Originally Posted by lmar View Post
    Not sure I am understanding the situation........

A vendor puts up an advertisement that they have some wares to sell. They state that they will update the website when they can inventory said wares and provide additional information.
    They do not state there is a one per customer limit. They do not ask for money.
    They do not state "first come first serve" or state they reserve the right to refuse to sell anyone said pistols. They simply stated that they received a batch of guns that some of you might want to purchase.
    Depending on the type of pistols available (as per the experts who responded) the lot in question may or may not be worth it for people to place their hard earned money on the acquisition of said pistol(s).
    A potential client responds to the advertisement and states that they are interested in the entire lot. Cash in hand -- negotiations ensues. Negotiations may - or may not be successful.
    Dlask unloads the guns with minimal effort on their part -- maximizing profit.
    Fail to see what the issue is.......

L
    Okay, well I'll try to keep this simple....A business (or any other person for that matter) that states quite clearly they will be offering product(s) for sale soon to the public via their website. Gains genuine interest and plenty of inquiries from the public (and myself) in the product on offer, then does something completely different for its own ease (and we happen to be informed via someone else, not the company) just isn't the kind of company I'd spend money with.
    I don't care if its a firearm retailer or anyone else....Its not how I promote my company or how I'd do business with potential customers...simple as that..

Wolverine stated that they were bringing in a small number of 858 rifles, for example, and offered one per customer, so to please many, instead of a single person. Now that's class.
    I like dlask, been good to me. But I doubt these ever existed or were never intended for sale to the public.
    "Na množství nehleďte"

CGN Regular
    Thanks for the reply but like I said, I have no need to sell, only looking for info.

I have the original application for registration stating brought back as war souvenir by RCAF pilot.

CGN frequent flyer Big_red_truck's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by booch View Post
    Thanks for the reply but like I said, I have no need to sell, only looking for info.

I have the original application for registration stating brought back as war souvenir by RCAF pilot.
    If you change your mind let me know.

Cheers

Big_red_truck
    I'm canadian eh , there's no doot aboot

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTCUI View Post
    I'm glad I have my tinfoil hat on the morning while operating the microwave oven.
    Rob

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Oh for gods sake let it go, guys.

This happens all the time in antique sales.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    Oh for gods sake let it go, guys.

This happens all the time in antique sales.
    This gent is right, i have taken the one K dollars i had here for a german pistol and put it toward handguns in the US... Case close for me... JP.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789