Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 25353738394041424344454647484950 LastLast

Thread: Customer review of Tenda.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by KRASHED View Post
    Ordered handgun on June 1st, transfer initiated by Tenda on June 16th. No gun in my hands still. Is this a normal wait time?
    Right now, yes, unfortunately it is.

There is a massive - MASSIVE - backlog of transfers awaiting approval at the Ontario CFO's office. Like, 16,000+ or something like that.

Ordered (from a different retailer) on June 2nd, transfer initiated June 21st, still waiting. Another order was made June 16th and it still hasn't been initiated yet.

Someone posted in another forum last week that the Ontario CFO is working on completing transfers initiated on June 1st.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ordered some mags from Tenda beginning of June just after the freeze announcement. took a little while to get shipped (understandable considering the **** had just hit the fan) but I got them without issue.

Then I realized how close the store actually is to where I live, so I went up there on Saturday to buy a few things in person. Helpful staff. Again, no issues. Everything their website said was in stock was in stock.
    Last edited by soulchaser; 07-27-2022 at 11:13 AM.
    Member: CSSA

What am I thinking........? If I wanted you to know, I'd be talking!

Pros and cons of shopping at tenda:

Pros:
    Cons:
    The rest of the sales people are abrasive as sand paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Peril View Post

Pros:
    Cons:
    I am at Tenda lot and I would say most of the salespeople are decent. There is one guy who is grouchy and a bit robotic, but I am not there to chit chat, so I just chalk it up to personality. But honestly, you get that at many other gun stores and retail outlets.

My own opinion, but I think Tenda is overall a pretty decent business. Their selection of ammo in particular is far more diverse than most other places. Their firearms selection is decent and in both cases their pricing is not only competitive, is oftentimes the standard for which I compare everything else.

That said, it does seem like much of the consternation revolves around the online ordering turnaround time, inventory controls and response time. I have not ordered online for mail from them before nor have I ordered any restricted firearms from them - whether before or after the handgun freeze announcement, so I am not in a position to comment on that facet of the business. However, during the lockdowns I did order quite a bit and picked up and never had an issue.

I would dare say due to the selection and the pricing, Tenda probably generates a lot more in store and online traffic than many other retailers, and perhaps that is where they need to focus on increasing staffing going forward, but again, I don't have any first hand experience with this. My local experience at Tenda has always been pretty positive.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

CGN frequent flyer
    Tenda is generally very good ... but as with everyone, sh!t happens ... as in "life happens" ...

something actually out of stock, something mismatched, something missed ... but it was always resolved in reasonable timeframes with acceptable level of effort and persistence on my side ..
    so Tenda was, is and will be one of my go-to places ... to find a best deal ....

others too, even some extremely popular, respected and honored sponsor dealers to stay unnamed, have SNAFUs, like my last one with the ordered/paid two weeks ago restricted which
    was meant to be a BD present to my daughter and which turned out to be "out-of-stock" and probably unobtanium now ... life sucks sometimes ...
    Last edited by SLToronto; 07-27-2022 at 12:03 PM.
    If a politician’s life is worth armed guards, why aren't our children's lives worth the ability for us to give them the same level of protection?

I’ve ordered 18 cases of ammo from them over the last 2years. Great service and free shipping every time

Quote Originally Posted by Peril View Post

Pros:
    Cons:
    As a bit of an "old guy" in my 50's, I have experienced more "abrasive" gun store clerks than "non-abrasive" clerks over the years. It was one of those things I came to expect...ie/ gun store workers are not the most socially adept people in the world.
    But, interestingly, the younger folks behind the counter are much more friendly these days. I like that.
    So, there you go! An actual compliment to Millennials and GenZ'ers!
    "Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest." - Mohandas Gandhi

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Lebarons was the worst for abrasive sales people.

Quote Originally Posted by FatCatsDad View Post
    Lebarons was the worst for abrasive sales people.
    As much as I loved Le Baron, I would have to heartily concur with you. I remember the day after I got my PAL many moons ago I walked into LeBaron after perusing their colour catalogue at home and deciding on some PAL rated air rifle that I wanted to buy. I walked into the LeBaron, went to the gun shop and there was this really...um...aged gentleman who was clearly the gun shop manager who kept staring at me. They had a laminated catalogue there which I flipped through and then I turned to him and said "Hi, I just got my PAL...interested in having a look at this particular air rifle", pointing at the PAL-rated air rifle that I was pretty sure I was going to get as my first PAL purchase. He looked over at me, and said, "you want to look at it? Catalogue is right in front of you - look at it" and then he went back to opening a box. My elation at getting my PAL was pretty deflated by this guy. I found out later this guy was a pretty serious hunter and I guess unless you ask hunting questions or look at hunting guns, he didn't really have the time for you. And that goes doubly true for air rifles, which I later found out he didn't know why they even stocked.

I decided to leave.

A few days later, I came back and there was another older gentleman, though not as old as the first guy - maybe in his 50s, and he greeted me and I sheepishly flipped through the catalog again and told him I just got my PAL and was excited to get a PAL rated air rifle. He said cool and then came over and asked me which one I wanted to see. I pointed at one in particular and he went out in the back, got it and said it is on special and the last one there. He opened the box, I handled it and looked it over and told him I would take it. To this day it is the only air rifle I still own in my safe. I still remember the guy's name - Dave. Great guy, good customer service and very kind to a then new shooter. It was that experience that kept me going back.

I then later had several purchases made between Dave and another guy, Ben, who helped out and who was soft spoken and I bought my first shotgun based on his advice. The old crotchety guy was still there, but I just made a beeline towards Dave or Ben instead and they always provided me good service and redeemed my initial impression of the LeBaron gun shop. If you guys are on CGN, thanks for a great customer experience - it left a great impression of the store to me...and if the old crotchety guy is on here...well, I'll just hold my tongue on this one...

But in all seriousness, Tenda's staff tend to be on the young side and most of them are very helpful. One guy definitely is not and quite curt, actually. I try to not deal with him even if it means I have to wait for someone else. I don't necessarily think it's an age thing, since just like anything else, you have good and bad young people and good and bad old people. I went to one of our site sponsors' retail shop a few months back and it was staffed by young guys and both were pretty stoic towards me. Some people like to chat, others don't. It's not just gun shop staff, but in society in general.
    CCFR, CSSA, NRA (Life), CPC, CHP

Quote Originally Posted by bcbravo2zero View Post
    As a bit of an "old guy" in my 50's, I have experienced more "abrasive" gun store clerks than "non-abrasive" clerks over the years. It was one of those things I came to expect...ie/ gun store workers are not the most socially adept people in the world.
    But, interestingly, the younger folks behind the counter are much more friendly these days. I like that.
    So, there you go! An actual compliment to Millennials and GenZ'ers!
    Thing is though, we don't go to gun stores to meet friends (it would be nice, of course). We go in there to exchange money for goods and services. If the quality of service is not up to par, we take our business elsewhere. This is the golden rule of capitalism and one of my favorite motivators for business growth. My desire to deal with abrasive people (and financially enable their bad behavior) is practically nonexistent at this point. If the 2 people I like aren't there, I simply walk out and go to another gun store. Luckily, there are 4 in my area. Considering that since getting my PAL, I've spent almost 20 k, that is a lot of money to lose just because your sales person can't manage to be polite to the customer.