Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1525272829303132333435363738394041424345 ... LastLast

Thread: Customer review of Tenda.

good prices, bad advice .
    Last edited by HJP; 12-14-2019 at 05:17 PM.
    JT , Keeping Canadians Safe !!

It's been 3 weeks since I purchased a restricted (Nov 23) & pcc from them in store. Pcc wasn't even the advertised chambered in 9mm as per their website, it was 10mm. My mistake for not checking since I was excited during pickup and looking at other toys, but lesson learned. Returned the pcc and I bought another restricted (Nov 29). No updates yet on either. For reference I purchased a restricted from al flahertys in store on Nov 28, got the call on Dec 12 it was ready for pickup. I don't think it's the CFO since I've purchased from both stores around the same time and al flahertys has been consistent with a 2 week transfer window.

20/12/2019 Update - Tenda finally called me today for the Nov 23 transfer, it is ready for pickup. 27 days in total.

30/12/2019 - Received my registration cert in the mail for my Nov 29 purchase so I called Tenda to see what was up. They said to call the CFO which I did. I got in contact with the CFO around 9:30am and they emailed me out my transfer notification papers by 10am. Was at the store later on that day to pick it up. During the month long wait no one from the store called me about updates.

Both of the transfer notifications from Tenda indicated that my applications were submitted about 2 weeks after my purchases so that could be a key reason in the hold up and slow down of apps.

But I have received great customer service every time I visited the store in person or given them a phone call. Some employees even remember your questions from the last visit and see if your problem has been solved or if they can do anything to help you out with it. Great deals and the selection is quite expansive. Employees are personable, informative and focused on building rapport with customers. So overall the positives outweigh the negatives but no one likes to wait especially when you're dropping that kind of cash.
    Last edited by hhjoltisy; 01-01-2020 at 04:50 PM. Reason: updated review

So this is like your third post...and you chose to use it to B!tch.

It's a war to remain healthy in a society that requires you to be sick. Russel Band

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyDude View Post
    So this is like your third post...and you chose to use it to B!tch.

You added nothing to the discussion but to comment about my post? Are you ok? Drop the attitude there bud, you must've had a bad day.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer GerardSamija's Avatar
    My second transaction with Tenda was just an order for a box of 147gr JHP Winchester 9mm, something I wanted to try in my PCC. They had it listed as in stock at the time of my order, but somehow the last box sold before they got to filling my order, so it got back ordered. Once I found out - by emailing a couple of weeks later, wondering where my box might be - they asked if I'd like to keep waiting or to substitute something else. I opted for a suitable number of boxes of CCI Quiet .22lr at their discretion. Was very pleasantly surprised when they sent what amounted to an extra 50 rounds above the direct value of my order. So while their communications could be better, I'm happy with the result. As I remain with my TNW Aero 9mm PCC, a fine little takedown rifle which functions beautifully.

My personal experience with Tenda is that it's best to go there in person. Ordering online when something is in stock doesn't guarantee they will still have it by the time they fulfil the order. They're also super busy pretty much everyday of the week (unless you go early in the morning). If going to the store isn't an option, try to place the order online and then call them so someone gets the fulfilment underway. I know it might be a hassle but worth it especially if you don't want to risk getting OOS and put on backorder. Their prices are pretty competitive and frequent sales so I always check them first before going down my list.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer .30/06 FTW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by D429 View Post
    Ordering online when something is in stock doesn't guarantee they will still have it by the time they fulfil the order. They're also super busy pretty much everyday of the week (unless you go early in the morning). If going to the store isn't an option, try to place the order online and then call them so someone gets the fulfilment underway.
    That is quite frankly unacceptable. It’s 2019, how do they not have a real time inventory system given the volume they do? When someone orders something online it should be taken out of inventory. It’s unacceptable that for example, when you order something in stock but it’s ordered with a restricted transfer, they don’t take that item out of inventory for you. By the time the transfer is approved they’ve sold what you ordered out from under you. This actually happened to a friend of mine. He ordered primers that were in stock but by the time his transfer was approved for a handgun they sold out of the primers and they were backordered. Their business practices are horrible and they deserve to be called out on it at every opportunity, and shouldn’t have excuses made for them.
    "Instead of 'sewer,' I propose 'Trudeau.' Both terms describe massive deposits of human filth, and no person who knows what these terms describe would ever want to live under either one." ~Doc M
    Quote Originally Posted by cobalt545
    I just took an assault poop as well. I know it was an assault poop because I "sprayed from the hip".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Jericho's Avatar
    Ordered a Scorpion EVO 3 days ago. Got a payment receipt but not shipped yet.. fingers crossed for Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    That is quite frankly unacceptable. It’s 2019, how do they not have a real time inventory system given the volume they do? When someone orders something online it should be taken out of inventory. It’s unacceptable that for example, when you order something in stock but it’s ordered with a restricted transfer, they don’t take that item out of inventory for you. By the time the transfer is approved they’ve sold what you ordered out from under you. This actually happened to a friend of mine. He ordered primers that were in stock but by the time his transfer was approved for a handgun they sold out of the primers and they were backordered. Their business practices are horrible and they deserve to be called out on it at every opportunity, and shouldn’t have excuses made for them.
    I agree but still acceptable for me. Perhaps I have low standards. Speaking of primers, I was on a search for small pistol primers during the black friday week and while it went for $50 + tax everywhere I had looked (some places had discounts but they were already marked up to begin with), Tenda had them for $41.99

Even if I had to deal with the unexpected sold out / backordered issue, I'm ok waiting. If it was something I urgently need, I'll pick it up in person. Doesn't work for everyone. Ya, I know, it's not the 90's but the bottom line is I can still make purchases and save money. If you can find me 1000 small pistol primers for $41.99 elsewhere, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by .30/06 FTW View Post
    A couple months ago, I called in to check stock on some S&B 6.5 Creedmoore rounds. The lady on the line confirmed that they had 8 boxes in stock. I got to the store 20 minutes later and when they went to pull the stock from the back, they informed me that all 8 were reserved for an online order. Suffice to say, I wasn't amused. The gentleman at the front desk offered another brand for the same price, which was the right thing to do.

If you are bargin hunting, Tenda can be great even with the hiccups every now and then. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. You can't expect top notch service and a great deal at the same time.