All-ATRS Modern Rifle Family Collection

700-223

CGN Regular
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
My ideal collection would be: MV with 223 and 6.8 upper and a MH with 243 and 308 upper (if I could get the weight below 9 lbs with optic). Could live without the 6.8 if I had the MH in that weight range. A Modern Magnum in 300 Win Mag or 338 Win Mag might be fun for a big/dangerous game rifle. I'm not a fan of recoil, my 7 mm Rem mag is the upper end of my comfort range so if I needed something bigger I'd definitely look at a Modern Magnum. At the moment, I have a MV on order that's going to be a lightweight, long-range coyote and gopher gun. If they come out with a 6.8 caliber conversion upper I'll buy it.

How about everyone else, if you had to replace all of your rifles with the ATRS modern rifle collection for hunting, plinking, shooting sports or whatever you do with your rifles what would you want? Don't forget about the plans for the future Modern Magnum and tell us what you'd buy now based on what they're offering and what your wish list would be...

Posted the question originally in the MV thread, but thought this might be a good new thread.

http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...ct-14-2015?p=12376598&viewfull=1#post12376598

Last edited:
I'd take a Modern Varminter in .223 and a Modern Hunter with uppers in 6.5 Creedmore, .308 Win and .338 Federal. I don't think a Modern Magnum is on my radar.

I'd go with a modern varminter with 20 inch 1:7.7 barrel. The modern magnum would be in 338 Lapua. To go with my hunter in 7mm08

I have a MH in .260 on the way, and someday I'd like a .338 Fed upper for it. I'm really intrigued by that cartridge.

My next precision bolt gun will be a long barrelled right bolt left port single shot by ATRS. Not sure what caliber.....

I fear the modern magnum will be too heavy to be terribly useful, but man would I jump if it came in around 8lbs.....

-J.

I have a MH in .260 on the way, and someday I'd like a .338 Fed upper for it. I'm really intrigued by that cartridge.

My next precision bolt gun will be a long barrelled right bolt left port single shot by ATRS. Not sure what caliber.....

I fear the modern magnum will be too heavy to be terribly useful, but man would I jump if it came in around 8lbs.....

-J.

For sure. Actually, even a sub 9 or 9.5 lb modern magnum would be ok for me depending on caliber. Have shot a 338 win mag that was probably 9 or 9.5 with scope and I sure wouldn't want it any lighter. Only put about 4 lbs through offhand and that was enough. Didn't get me flinching, but not exactly an enjoyable gun to shoot, imagine other positions would be worse. Semi-auto to lengthen the recoil impulse might be nice actually, especially for long range shooting. Also, with a lightweight, low magnification scope for big/dangerous game in close quarters might be an option, once you were sure of reliability. 300 or 338 win mag would be my pick for a modern magnum, 338 fed in the MH intrigues me too, but since I don't handload yet...

Actually, 223/243/338 would be a nice option too, or even 223/308/338, 243/338 for the absolute minimalist. Hmm...

.338win mag would be great.
I won't replace my other rifles until they make left-hand models with left-ejection.
Left-hand ejection would set them apart from the competitors if ATRS was interested to export massively.

I am unfortunatly along for the ride for what ever ATRS comes up with that will have the matched serial to my MH. I am committed lol.

I would hope the MM would be available in .338LM. That would put it in competition with the Alexander Arms Ulfberht, and twice as cool with the custom serial.

I think the only thing that is unfortunate in your scenario is your bank account.....!!! One hell of a collection!!!

I bet a .338LM semi would be 10k, yes/no??

I hear ya. I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the MH, but I got my order in for a MV within a couple hours of them being for sale lol. When funds allow I will certainly be adding a .308 MH to my collection.

My MV is my most expensive toy so far.

I hope not. The MH and MV are my 2 most expensive toys and I don't know I can go much higher.

I hear ya. I'm kicking myself for not getting in on the MH, but I got my order in for a MV within a couple hours of them being for sale lol. When funds allow I will certainly be adding a .308 MH to my collection.

My MV is my most expensive toy so far.

There are a couple of nice .308 MH's on the EE right now....

I agree about the cost. My MH is also my biggest bill to date, and I also feel it may be my "cap"....

-J.

I have MH in 6.5 CM ,and the 338 upper on its way not a bad combo for hunting
I still wanting a 308 or 243 just for the easy access to ammo
Like others I have a order in for the MV as well
It's probably a good thing that ATRS is only offering MV in 223 or I would be even more broke Haahaa

I have had a bunch of pm's back and forth with ATRS. They are not sure they will go forward with the MM. If they do, most likely it will be offered in any caliber you like, as long as it is 300wm.

Personally i wanted a MM in 2.5" magnum family. From chasing down other manufacturers, the 338 lapua creates a entire different level of engineering. I doubt they could do it without a change to the "modern design"; so a long wait for RCMP approval and unlikely they would recoup their expense in such a small market as Canada.

Pretty sure the 338 Lapua has been built in a AR style platform....think restricted, and north of $5k USD. Imported through the US fees, and a RCMP timeline.

I think the Modern Magnum would be way to heavy to pack as it is I'm trying to lighten up my MH and still looking for a practical hunting sling for the bush

On the wish list:

MV 223
MH 308
MM 300WM- the ballistics are plenty for anything I hunt and ammo is plentiful over so many of the other magnums- and not $93 for a box (338LM I saw yesterday at Ctire in calgary)

Back
Top Bottom