Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Problem with order, and awful customer service since.

CGN frequent flyer lil_juiced_coupe's Avatar
    Companies will issue a check to avoid getting dinged % on refunding a credit card.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HighTeckRedNeck View Post
    Thanks for all the support guys, a few people mentioned a charge back on my credit card, that is the next step. This whole fiasco has been ridiculous, I'm pretty happy so many people have seen this, and it didn't just get deleted right away. Hopefully it does get resolved quickly. However if this does get deleted without it being solved, it will just end up being posted 10 other places. I'm all for being rash and giving a business a chance to make things right before I air it out on the internet, but if they don't want to play nice, I can be a real pain in the ass.
    Oh be careful - soon will swoop in the "don't be so hard on the merchants", "have YOU ever worked retail" crowd.....

-J.

Excuse me, don't be so hard on the merchants! :P

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lil_juiced_coupe View Post
    Companies will issue a check to avoid getting dinged % on refunding a credit card.
    It's actually the opposite, if they refund it on the credit card, the get the 2.5%ish fee back for the amount that was refunded, if they write a cheque, then they still had pay that fee, plus refund the full amount.

I placed an order with them at the end of December, received no confirmation of the order. Had to call to see why my credit card hasn't been charged 3 days after placing the order and was told one of the items was not instock, even though it still shows instock to this day, and that it would be 2 weeks and they would ship it out when it arrived. I agreed, its been 2 months so far. I called after 6 weeks and the way it sounded was that the part wasn't ordered yet.

Never again, i don't care to wait but let me know what is going on especially after I have paid for it already.
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    They don't have to do chit. I ordered a brake from RPR and then canceled. He wanted to charge me a 25% restocking fee on a brake that he had coming in on a shipment, but didn't have it in the store yet. I contacted CC and got a full refund, which was taken back from me a couple weeks later, because he then claimed it was a special order. And he don't do refunds on special orders. So, some you folks may think that some of these vendors are the best thing since sliced bread. That is, until you get burned from one of them. Then it's a diff tune. When I see these threads , it sets off my warning bells ,and even though I have had a good experience with Jo Brook , I'll think long and hard before I have another experience with them.

As of today,9 weeks later I'm out $322 and no brake. What's the saying.. Oh ya... What's a guy supposed to do , to catch a brake

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblr View Post
    Excuse me, don't be so hard on the merchants! :P
    Shuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuppppp.........

Hahahahahahhahah!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnt_servo's Avatar
    would it be kosher to leave negative feedback on their trader rating here with a explanation ?

i'd be contacting my credit card company looking for options .

what should have happened was a credit to your credit card , which would be almost instant ...NOT a check .

the only thing I can think of is maybe they are in trouble with their credit card company and their only way of refunding is with a check.

and if this is true , then the business may be having difficulty , which would mean more potential grief for anyone else doing business with them .

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by H.K.Glock 007 View Post
    Op it is unfortunate that you are in this situation.

It is not very characteristic of them in my opinion. I have always been pleased with them and as stated above they are excellent for walk in clients.

I feel that it would be a mistake for others to not do business. They are a good bunch and a good business.

I highly doubt that only one person is allowed to issue refunds. But it is odd that it has not been done yet.

I'm not defending, just saying that I feel opinions and blackballing are a little harsh.

Peace and love
    If the OP's complaint was an isolated case then I would agree with you but there seem to be enough bad experiences posted here that people should be very cautious when dealing with them. I, for one, would be taking my business elsewhere.

OP,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Looks like their service is spotty and I also will not consider dealing with them in the future.