Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Problem with order, and awful customer service since.

CGN Regular
    I ordered one of the FNS .40s, received an obviously used pistol and after periods of radio silence I was told to return it. I did so, at my expense, and dealt with more drawn out poor communication before I eventually saw a new pistol. Two monhs from order and payment to when I had a gun I could shoot, not an experience I want to repeat. Needless to say, my money will be spent elsewhere.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdyno View Post
    I ordered one of the FNS .40s, received an obviously used pistol and after periods of radio silence I was told to return it. I did so, at my expense, and dealt with more drawn out poor communication before I eventually saw a new pistol. Two monhs from order and payment to when I had a gun I could shoot, not an experience I want to repeat. Needless to say, my money will be spent elsewhere.
    Wouldn't doubt this one bit.....they probably sent it knowing it was used to see if you didn't notice and would just accept it anyways (happened to me years ago) that's disgusting they didn't pay the return shipping what a joke

Quote Originally Posted by Noob_ View Post
    The fact that they haven't responded still doesn't really help their cause. I would be frustrated as well.
    +1 ^^

It sounds like it's a mom & pop shop, so I can't really blame them for not being on here every day. But their last activity was Feb 14 (mentioned earlier in the thread)...what's the point in paying hundreds if not thousands in marketing expenses on this site if you don't have someone check it on a semi-regular basis? I can't say they would have anything that I can't get elsewhere, but I'll be sure to think hard if I need to get something from them in the future. This forum is hard on retailers, but hey, bad news travels waaaaaaaay quicker than good news.

I believe I will not purchase from this business.

Customer trust & loyalty is earned not a given.
    Click, Bang.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot84 View Post
    It sounds like it's a mom & pop shop, so I can't really blame them for not being on here every day. But their last activity was Feb 14 (mentioned earlier in the thread)...what's the point in paying hundreds if not thousands in marketing expenses on this site if you don't have someone check it on a semi-regular basis? I can't say they would have anything that I can't get elsewhere, but I'll be sure to think hard if I need to get something from them in the future. This forum is hard on retailers, but hey, bad news travels waaaaaaaay quicker than good news.
    It's not a ma and pa shop.

There are many different guys that work there. Various managers of different departments, etc.

I don't think it's wolverine, but it's far from ma and pa....

Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    It's not a ma and pa shop.

There are many different guys that work there. Various managers of different departments, etc.

I don't think it's wolverine, but it's far from ma and pa....
    Well then...business must be good?

Quote Originally Posted by icelink View Post
    Sounds like another armco or even worse badger arms supply
    Had the same issue with Badger Arms. Sent me a rifle with two huge dents in the barrel. Sales girl told me to return the rifle and they would issue a full refund. I sent the rifle back to them on my dime. When the rifle arrived at the Melfort SK post office (they couldn't deliver rifle to Badger because Canada Post delivery person got there before they opened) the owner at Badger Arms refused to pick the rifle up. In email communications with him (because he wouldn't talk to me on the phone) he accused me and Canada Post of damaging the rifle. You have had to take a screwdriver and hit it with a hammer to cause the dents in the barrel. Packaging would of suggested it was never opened by someone at Canada Post. Dropping the box wouldn't have damaged the barrel that way either After 30 days Canada Post will return a package to the sender if it is not picked up. Anyway I ended up getting the rifle back from Canada Post. Had to pay a refusal fee. I'm a bit pissed at this point. Got my credit card company involved as well as the BBB (which was a waste of time as they can't legally do anything), and to add a bit more firepower I called the Saskatchewan Justice Dept. They referred me to the Saskatchewan Consumer Protection Division who handles the Consumer Protection Warranty Act/Product Warranty section. After explaining the situation to them they said there was enough evidence to open a case file.
    I called the Canadian CZ warranty dealer who couldn't do anything as it was a new rifle. CZ Czechoslovakia said it's not there problem (I contacted them for clarification on whether or not this situation falls under their warranty). They told me to contact the retailer who who would intern contact the distributor who would either replace the rifle or issue a refund to the retailer who would then issue a refund to me (they could not get another rifle as nobody had this particular calibre in Canada). Just to verify this statement I contacted a some of those distributors I used to deal with as I used to work in the firearms industry asking them if they had this particular firearm in stock. Unfortunately nobody did.
    Judging by all that had happened I pretty much knew a refund or replacement wasn't going to happen anyway. I think the distributor was in on this also. Judging by how this played out I strongly believe the rifle that was damaged at the distributors end. They shopped around trying to see if someone would sell it. Badger acquired at a reduced cost put it on sale looking for some sucker to buy it. I was that sucker (no mention was made of damage to the rifle in the ad or communications when purchase was made). However this sucker is a little more aggressive than the average bear when it comes to fighting back. Long and short of it is the credit card company issued me a full refund. Still have the rifle. It's just sitting in the box.
    The point to all this is know your rights. If you feel you have been wronged and; in this case the retailer is dragging their heels, get someone involved. This is what the credit card company told me to do if this type of situation or something like it happens in the future. Always buy products online with a credit card. Most products will be covered for a year under the credit card warranty (check with your credit company to verify this. Coverage does vary). If something goes awry advise the credit card company what is going on. Keep them informed. Keep copies of all receipts and communications. Communicate by email as hard copies can be produced. Phone calls are a little more difficult to prove unless details of the call can be physically provided. Most situations can be resolved amicably. I tried to resolve it amicably but unfortunately in this case that wasn't going to happen.
    I'm sure it was known that the rifle was damaged before it left Badger. Normally when a company gets a "charge back" on their credit card statement there's some form of communication initiated requesting the item back, or inquiries as to what is going on. None was forthcoming.
    John 3:16. If not then unfortunately John 3:36
    Firearms owners are the difference between Tyranny & Freedom!!
    GUN CONTROL IS NOT CRIME CONTROL. ITS POPULATION CONTROL!
    Faith is not knowing what the future holds but knowing who holds the future

BANNED
    Ohhhhh man thats crazy.....what a HEADACHE

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Longshot84 View Post
    Its not a ma and pop shop nor is it large with 'various managers of different departments'. The storefront is much larger than Wolverine but they have a very different business model. Jo Brook is the big name in the town of Brandon. I bet the vast majority of Jo Brooks walk in customers are pleased customers. I have had problems with a couple guns I bought from Jo Brook and they took them back no question asked. I also know from talking to the owner that online and phone orders are a very small percentage of their sales. I have also wondered why Travis spends the money he does to advertise/be a member here. He rarely posts in his forum.

Contrast that with Wolverine who isn't even located in a town. They have a much smaller store front than Jo Brook, admittedly jam packed with guns, but no doubt Wolverine does a majority of their sales online or over the phone. Ordering, processing, shipping is their bread and butter. Customer service is Wolverines mission statement. When people are buying/ordering products online, sight unseen, they need to be able to trust the retailer. John and Wolverine understand that.

I'm not making excuses for Jo Brook. If the OP's story is true then that's ####ty business. My point is that Jo Brook seems to focus on local face to face business and maybe that takes away from their longer distance customer service.