Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Problem with order, and awful customer service since.

Have done a fair bit of business with Jo Brook over the years and had good experiences. Not sure what has changed lately. However, I don't think they deserve to be put in the same category as Badger IMHO.

My one (and only) experience with Badger was short but not sweet. I count myself lucky I got my money back in fairly short order. Never had anything like that at Jo Brook, but they are not the best communicators.
    Working towards Ultra Frequent Flyer status at a glacial pace!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trademark View Post
    Its not a ma and pop shop nor is it large with 'various managers of different departments'. The storefront is much larger than Wolverine but they have a very different business model. Jo Brook is the big name in the town of Brandon. I bet the vast majority of Jo Brooks walk in customers are pleased customers. I have had problems with a couple guns I bought from Jo Brook and they took them back no question asked. I also know from talking to the owner that online and phone orders are a very small percentage of their sales. I have also wondered why Travis spends the money he does to advertise/be a member here. He rarely posts in his forum.

Contrast that with Wolverine who isn't even located in a town. They have a much smaller store front than Jo Brook, admittedly jam packed with guns, but no doubt Wolverine does a majority of their sales online or over the phone. Ordering, processing, shipping is their bread and butter. Customer service is Wolverines mission statement. When people are buying/ordering products online, sight unseen, they need to be able to trust the retailer. John and Wolverine understand that.

I'm not making excuses for Jo Brook. If the OP's story is true then that's ####ty business. My point is that Jo Brook seems to focus on local face to face business and maybe that takes away from their longer distance customer service.
    Then they shouldn't take part in long distance business

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gunneegoogoo's Avatar
    I can't believe this thread hadnt been squashed....

It's now almost a full day since I emailed them directly to let them know about this.....wow

I purchased a gun from them and it was a good experience, maybe I just got lucky? Either way this will make me think twice ordering from them again though.

Hopefully they fix this issue for ya!

BANNED
    What Travis needs to do is hire a full time on line sales guy or probably better a gal

BANNED
    This place is the new armco in my books......walk in shop only.....curb the online sales

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunneegoogoo View Post
    I can't believe this thread hadnt been squashed....

It's now almost a full day since I emailed them directly to let them know about this.....wow
    Yeah, now imagine it going on for two months...

Sorry guy, I didnt see the forum post....I was going to order a pistol for my wife from them, spoke to the fellow on the phone, seemed straight up

I trying to purchase a firearm on-line with these guys and Christmas. Their website said it was in-stock and they e-mail me right away saying sorry it was not in stock. They said they would order the firearm for me, but it would be months, so I purchased else where.

The next time i talked to them on the phone and they went out of their way to make sure it was really in the store and everything was smooth.

I think there are good experiences and bad with everywhere and everything

I'm fairly new to guns but my firearms experience has been so so with them, and that is as a walk in. I found it hard to talk with anyone there when I was really green. Now that I know more it is a little easier but it just didn't seem like there was much patience with me at the start.

On the other hand, when I was bigger into archery, the couple guys I dealt with there about that were excellent. I was there fairly often as they had an indoor range at that time.

I feel for you guys though, any bad experience sticks with you.