Photos on website

epps

Regular
Business Member
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
3 March 2016

At long last, we have finally begun to post pictures of our firearms on our website! Many customers have requested over the years that our site should provide photos of our inventory. In truth, we have been hesitant to include pictures due in no small part to the sheer size of our inventory, as well as the rapid turn-over of both our new and used stock through our store.

We have only just started with a trial run of pictures on our site. Images are now available of the Kodiak Defense SKS rifles. Other models will begin to appear as we are able to get those images captured and posted to our site. Please be patient, we are working on expanding that image library.

In the mean time, if you require pictures of any used firearm listed on our website, please submit a request to our second E-mail address, photos@ellwoodepps.com. Be sure to quote the inventory SKU number for the firearm(s) you are seeking. We will provide pictures for up to two (2) firearms only per customer per day.

For pictures of new firearms, please visit the manufacturer's website, as every maker provided images of their new guns on their own sites. We will be posting pictures of new guns as well as used models as we are able to so.

Thank you for your continued patience, and for your business!

3 March 2016

At long last, we have finally begun to post pictures of our firearms on our website!

Sounds great, welcome to the 1990s. Perhaps you could also inform potential customers of rifles being sold before making them send all of their personal information to you.

Sounds great, welcome to the 1990s. Perhaps you could also inform potential customers of rifles being sold before making them send all of their personal information to you.

You mean the big "Sold" isnt Enough of a clue for you ?

The only time it would take your info and not say sold then tell you it was is if someone else beat you through the payment screen.
Cant list it as sold when someone adds it to their cart as it would allow people to monopolize a certain firearm by re adding it to their cart when the timer runs out.

As for in store, if someone buys it online while showing it in store. The website takes precedence over everything as they have paid. So it is well within the realm of possibility to have a gun purchased as someone in store is looking and has said "il take it" and have the employee start the process of adding you to the system.

Last edited:
Good news. I've never purchased a gun from Epps for this reason but photos with the listing would make me much more likely to click "add to cart"

Welcome to E commerce in the 21st century!;)

Good news. I've never purchased a gun from Epps for this reason but photos with the listing will make me much more likely to click "add to cart"

Welcome to E commerce in the 21st century!;)

I have not stop myself buying from Epps even with no photos du to their availability and good service...

Now with photos, i would consider that a bonus... Good thing. JP.

Still being implemented. Working with webmaster to get things sorted out (along with quite a few other big projects). The main thing is setting up a schedule of used guns having their pics taken. And new guns getting in contact with manufacturers for permission to use stock photo's of guns that will all look the same.

I noticed the placeholders on the site the other day and was wondering if you were implementing photos. I think it's a great idea and look forward to seeing the feature fully deployed. I suspect it will lead to some impulse purchases on my part. If you need part time help taking all those photos, let me know :)

I don't know why people slag the Epps website. I think its search and filtering functions are great. Twice I have pulled out my phone and shown someone how to search and filter after they said they could never find anything on the site. You could almost literally see the lightbulb going on as I showed them the Search Settings page. First time this happened was at the range; second time was at Cabela's (which was probably not appreciated by the sales staff).

Back
Top Bottom