So let me tell ya about marstar...

Wow...really?? So youve had a number of bad experiences???

They shipped my stuff to the wrong address (I entered the right one) and they then charged me to ship it again. They also took absolutely for ####ing ever to ship some parts on another order.

They shipped my stuff to the wrong address (I entered the right one) and they then charged me to ship it again. They also took absolutely for ####ing ever to ship some parts on another order.

Here we go again, may we have your order number and name so we can review your claim....??
We cannot assist you if we don't know who you are
John

I didn't mention Marstar and I didn't imply it. Having said that, printing conditions on the back of an invoice the consumer gets AFTER the payment changes hands is exactly what I am talking about. That being said, many of your customers state that you take care of your customers.

FF

One can read it on our site before even placing the order....
Can you suggest where we should print our warranty and satisfaction policies ????
John

my advice would be to have a conversation with your customer before payment changes hands:

"Ok sir, we have that rifle in stock and it will be shipped out within three business days. If you have any problems with it, we don't take firearms back for refunds/exchanges. You'll have to go through the manufacturer's warranty dept" or similar. If you have a different policy you'll have a different conversation.

Just having it posted on your site doesn't make it legally valid or binding.

On an ecommerce site, a checkbox indicating the warranty/refund/exchange policy is easy enough to implement.

And regardless of your policies, the provincial Sale of Goods Act/Retail Sales Act applies.

FF

One can read it on our site before even placing the order....
Can you suggest where we should print our warranty and satisfaction policies ????
John

OK FYREFIGHTER
Lets take a moment to try and explain a few facts here....
We cannot give the customer a shipping date there simply too many variables, if a restricted firearm we are dependent on the CFC/CFO, they follow their own schedule.
The order may require special handling, we could be backlogged, etc....

PLEASE read bout us before making such a silly and unfounded statement, Marstar since day one,over 32 years ago, we have NEVER sent a customer away to manage his/her warranty issues.
no matter what you purchase at Marstar, made in Canada, USA, Germany, Italy, Taiwan, China, India, etc, etc, we FULLY guaranty EVERYTHING, we sell.... We fix it, replace it or fully refund...What is your issue ?

"Legally valid or binding", I am sorry but our moral obligations supersede any and all other possibilities, the customer has an issue, we are morally bound to fix it....

You are referring to various legal alternatives for the client, our business has been around since 1984, we have NEVER had a customer feel the need to consult any of the alternatives you mention, if they had it would have been because we failed our duty.

You must live a very strange existence indeed if you feel the need to find issues where there are none.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, there are honest companies out there who are not trying to swindle people....

I really hope you find satisfaction in your life,
John

Take a deep breath and read what I wrote. Maybe take a blood pressure pill or something.

"Ok sir, we have that rifle in stock and it will be shipped out within three business days. If you have any problems with it, we don't take firearms back for refunds/exchanges. You'll have to go through the manufacturer's warranty dept" or similar. If you have a different policy you'll have a different conversation.

If your policy is as wonderful as you say it is, that would be the conversation you have with your customer. It might look like this:

"Ok sir, we have that rifle in stock and based on our current sales volume, it should ship out within X days (or X days of approval by CFO which we cannot control). If you have any problems with it, let us know. We stand behind our products 100%".

Stop personalizing. My comment was that retailers need to inform their customers and customers need to ask questions. Unless the parties knowingly and willingly give up those rights, a document on a website or a stamp on the back of an invoice isn't meaningful.

FF

No, I rather not tell you who I am. This was a couple of years ago.

Mostly the reason I don't order from you now is your site is really really outdated.

Mostly the reason I don't order from you now is your site is really really outdated.

You made a statement on a public forum that you were overcharged, at the very least allow me the opportunity to investigate your statement.
John

Outdated? I found it to be very good and super easy to use. My last purchse of a restricted, 2 weeks ago went smooth as silk. The best thing about Marstar is the variety. I prefer the old stuff, black powder guns and I don't know anywhere else in Canada that has such a selection. Glad they're around.

outdated? I found it to be very good and super easy to use. My last purchse of a restricted, 2 weeks ago went smooth as silk. The best thing about marstar is the variety. I prefer the old stuff, black powder guns and i don't know anywhere else in canada that has such a selection. Glad they're around.

agreed

Take a deep breath and read what I wrote. Maybe take a blood pressure pill or something.

If your policy is as wonderful as you say it is, that would be the conversation you have with your customer. It might look like this:

"Ok sir, we have that rifle in stock and based on our current sales volume, it should ship out within X days (or X days of approval by CFO which we cannot control). If you have any problems with it, let us know. We stand behind our products 100%".

Stop personalizing. My comment was that retailers need to inform their customers and customers need to ask questions. Unless the parties knowingly and willingly give up those rights, a document on a website or a stamp on the back of an invoice isn't meaningful.

FF

I think you should be taking a chill pill, you might stop making an a$$ of yourself on this thread. Any situation can be dealt with and corrected on the phone ... not emails, but over the phone. If you need to slap in "the provincial Sale of Goods Act/Retail Sales Act applies" you must be one unhappy camper in this society. Grow balls, pick up the phone and ask the pertinent questions. I dealt with Marstar on 2 occasions, both times I had issues. Called them up, spoke with Edwin. Followed up with him every other day. Never felt like I was annoying him or bothering him. I didn't have to remind him of their policies because he followed procedures which were reasonable. Was I happy I was out a rifle for 1 week, nope, but I did appreciate the way they handled my ticket. My contact at Marstar is Edwin, and the next time I need to contact them, he will be the one I deal with. "Retailers need to inform their customers" Far too often people just throw their responsibilities onto others ... then curl up and suck their thumbs. As a buyer, YOU need to inform yourself. And if you don't like what they offer, move on.

Kraco

I think you need some reading comprehension skills. All I said was that buyers and sellers need to communicate, and dealers can't hide behind a policy document that is posted somewhere the customer may not have seen because there are laws in place. You must be psychic or something to think that suggests anything at all about me. More likely delusional.

FF

I think you need some reading comprehension skills. All I said was that buyers and sellers need to communicate, and dealers can't hide behind a policy document that is posted somewhere the customer may not have seen because there are laws in place. You must be psychic or something to think that suggests anything at all about me. More likely delusional.

FF

We have to start putting at least SOME onus on people and stop spoon feeding everyone. I will side with Marstar, it's not like they're "hiding" their policy :p

Dimp,

My point is that the onus is on both parties to discuss the conditions of sale. The 9 seconds it would take to discuss those terms in the pre-sale phase would save retailers hours of hassle post-sale. This isn't about spoon-feeding anybody. It is about setting expectations appropriately.

Once again, let me state I am talking about retailers in general, not Marstar in particular (and not even gun retailers only). For example, another -star outfit has ridiculously onerous terms that are buried in their site.

And just because dealers post it on their site doesn't mean anything if the customer didn't get to them through the web site. Plenty of the old buggers at my clubs still use phone books.

FF

And the award for Most Worthless Contribution To The Thread goes to...

Marstar site is kinda outdated. What says is in stock, is a mystery if it is. I ordered something recently in stock to 2 days later order status was canceled due to out of stock.

But I still order from them..

Last edited:
I have dealt with Marstar for over 25 years. I have never had any problems with them. On one occasion, I received a faulty scope with my M14-M305 package. It was replaced promptly. with no issues. They are a great company to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom