Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Alpharms 15SA Initial findings.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    My initial findings... minus the range time, that's coming in a couple days.

Overall appearance and finish looks pretty good
    One of the mags and the flash hider have a black almost soot like appearance, like they had been thrown in the fire place for a bit.
    Changing chokes out is a breeze and the threading is perfect.
    Charging handle has to go, too small for my meat hooks and needs to be beefed up.
    Mags are a little stiff in and out but no big deal, I'm confident when I clean them up and lightly sand them up a bit they will be fine.

Carry handle is nothing to write home about and will be removed to add a red dot.
    bolt locks back on empty mags and drops when the bolt release is pressed.
    Mag release a little stiff

All in all my initial impressions is this is pretty cool gun. For a $555 semi auto NR shotgun that looks like a mother F***** I'm good with a little tinkering around. I don't mind having to clean a few parts up, polish and smooth out some rough edges.
    Lets remember this a shotgun made in turkey, not a Benelli.

I'm confident after cleaning some parts up, lube action, and some heavy loads this gun will run hard and reliable.
    I bought this thing to run heavy slugs and buckshot anyway, so I'm not too worried.

Friday will be my 100 round slug/ 00 buck break in day. Cant wait

BANNED
    I shot some 3" no.2 1550 fps , it sure chucks those shells , it may be a little over gassed. Hopefully it can handle that abuse over time. Now if I could just get it to feed.

(If this type of post isn't allowed, Wolverine guys, please feel free to delete)

What I really want to know from people who have received theirs so far (other than the one or two who have posted pics): what, if any, mods are you doing to these?

Maybe we could have a "mod" thread?

Quote Originally Posted by 321ja321 View Post
    I shot some 3" no.2 1550 fps , it sure chucks those shells , it may be a little over gassed. Hopefully it can handle that abuse over time. Now if I could just get it to feed.
    Check for a burr in the chamber where the extractor cut is machined, I have seen this, in some guns, clean it up with a few strokes with a needle file and you may solve your problem. Let me know your results please.

Quote Originally Posted by rich_in_van View Post
    (If this type of post isn't allowed, Wolverine guys, please feel free to delete)

What I really want to know from people who have received theirs so far (other than the one or two who have posted pics): what, if any, mods are you doing to these?

Maybe we could have a "mod" thread?
    That is a good idea, I suggested this afternoon that next week we make a 15 S A "tuning video". Where to look for burrs and how to clean them up etc Triggers vary from not bad to bloody awful but not keen to advise "newbies" to start working on sears etc but a trigger tune up is not differcult to anyone with any experance. First mod we need is a beefed up Tactical Charging Handle, I will suggest that Alfarms jump right on this before any one else beats them to it. I have already suggested they manufacture an ambi safety. Bolt release appears to be on the weak side, not sure if that could be strengthened I would need to study that. Each gun was shipped with 2 mags, we also ordered 500 spare mags it would appear there are some differances in the finishes, I need to look into this. Most will drop free with a little tweaking. I have only seen one damaged mag so far, but still learning a lot about these guns myself, this is why feed back from users is valuable.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-15-2016 at 09:15 PM.

John, all good points, thanks for listening.
    The right, always trumph!

BANNED
    I think the mags need to seat higher and the bolt hold open lug shortened .

Tuning video in a separate thread would be great and I am sure appreciated by anyone who purchased one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by 321ja321 View Post
    I think the mags need to seat higher and the bolt hold open lug shortened .
    What makes you think that they need to seat higher? By bolt hold open lug are you referring to the spring loaded lug on the mag? again why? I am not making fun of you, I am interested in why you have these suggestions.

First Mod would be the bolt, OMG its tiny and with no gloves would hurt after a while. (yes delicate fingers hehe) but over all for the price its awesome. I will work the trigger to get it down a couple of pounds. other then that, my Vortex Strikefire II is holding out good and i think after 200-300 rounds it may smooth out a bit, just needs a little breaking in.

I do find the grip panels tend to creek and i feel may crack in the future. any possible way to address? open and glue down?
    "I live life one Quarter Pounder at a time.. for those 800 calories or more, I am FREE :D "

IPSC BC Member