Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpharms 15SA Initial findings.

Alpharms 15SA Initial findings.

This is not a full review, more my first impressions and a comparison with my two earlier samples. Structurally and mechanically no real change but several little improvements. First impressions, in one word, excellent. 

Butt stock; The retractable but stock has a commercial size AR15 butt stock tube so other aftermarket stocks can be fitted. The retractable butt at its shortest position gives a LOP of 13 ¾ to a max of 16 ¾ , without the hinge, when the hinge is added it will add 2 inches. The retractable butt can be used with or without the hinge, lock up is solid. We now see that the fixed butt stock will also interchange with the retractable, this is an improvement on the early versions. We will order spare fixed butts, price to follow, LOP on them is 14 ¼ inches.

Triggers, in one word horrible, 8 lb, will try and get these improved in the future. Some simple polishing of the triggers parts can improve them. Pins punch out left to right.

Chokes: Thread has been changed these are now the same as the UTAS so the UTAS barrel extension and chokes will work as will anything for a Benelli.

Hand guards; polymer same plane as the upper receiver, I would call them semi rigid plenty good enough for a shotgun, but if using as a slug gun I would plan on mounting the sight on the receiver. Extra rails could be added but they would be a do it yourself job.

Pistol grip, longer than first model.

Front sight: Much more refined that the early ones, it does not have to be removed for take down. Has a rod that looks like a gas tube but this simply lines up the hand guard retainer.

Feed ramp latch; These guns have a unique lever than cams the feed ramp down when dissembling the shotgun, prevents any damage. This also means that should the feed ramp become damaged it is now a replaceable part.

Magazine: Improved construction, 5 rd capacity will not drop free.

Chamber: These guns function very well with either 2 ¾ or 3 inch shells.

I welcome others to add their comments as they receive their guns. I have tried to be fair and critical.

Chokes: These guns use for Beretta, Benelli Mobil chokes, please disregard any previous posts on this, we also have to correct our web page.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-09-2016 at 02:34 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Outcast's Avatar
    One stop from 100 acres with a house in the middle
    I haven't been this interested in a shotgun in a while. I'm really looking forward to checking it out and running a couple hundred rounds through it. For a reliable $550 shotgun I don't mind tinkering around with it a little.

Cant wait!!

I've watched videos on YouTube, and sadly it doesn't look like they cycle light loads very well. I'd rather not have to buy high brass for it
    Once more into the fray
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know
    Live and die on this day
    Live and die on this day

If you watched the wolverine YouTube video he it was shooting with no issues....., Score 12 Gauge Silver Target Load 2 3/4" 1200FPS 1 1/16 #8. I would call that a pretty light load. Read other tests runs with no 2 3/4 issues.

Cant wait for mine to arrive, any day now! then its off to the range!
    "I live life one Quarter Pounder at a time.. for those 800 calories or more, I am FREE :D "

IPSC BC Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    I've watched videos on YouTube, and sadly it doesn't look like they cycle light loads very well. I'd rather not have to buy high brass for it
    I will not accept negative posts based on what you saw or heard from some one else. Let's keep comments to our personal experances or I will delete them, thank you.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-09-2016 at 01:04 PM.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    If you watched the wolverine YouTube video he it was shooting with no issues....., Score 12 Gauge Silver Target Load 2 3/4" 1200FPS 1 1/16 #8. I would call that a pretty light load. Read other tests runs with no 2 3/4 issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    Just like Johnny said, check out the video, works just fine.

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Bouncing between three threads. Lol
    Did you guys inbox and fixed stocks yet?

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny88 View Post
    Bouncing between three threads. Lol
    Did you guys inbox and fixed stocks yet?
    Pardon Johnny?
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Page 1 of 16 12345678911 ... LastLast