Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpharms 15SA - Quirks and tips.

Alpharms 15SA - Quirks and tips.

I will add more info as it becomes available to assist new owners obtain the best results from their Alfarms 15 SA Shotgun. These guns have 12 month factory warranty and Wolverine will extend this so there is a 24 month warranty to the original owner. The following tips in no way mean we are reneging our obligations, we stand behind what we sell, but often a little fine tuning will enhance the reliability, operation and enjoyment of your purchase. We will be making up a video ASAP to support this thread, and I will add more info as it becomes available.

FRT: http://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum...arms-15-SA-FRT

Manual: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lpmqlfcpby...%20SA.pdf?dl=0

Magazines:
    The mags shipped from the factory with the shotguns have a matt finish, the extra mags we ordered come with bright finish. Some of the mags are tight, usually this can be remedied by gently tapping the mag along the spine. Use a light hammer or mallet and take your time.

O-rings:
    There is an O-ring in the front of the gas cylinder, be careful when re-assembling your gun that you do not damage it. Replacement rings are 14.00 x 18.00 x 2.00 NBR 70, we have spares in stock but you should be able to get them from any good automotive parts store. A smear of grease or a drop of oil on the ring when you assemble will help.

Gas piston:
    Is fitted with two gas rings, it is normal to have the third grove empty.

Buffer tube:
    This is a standard AR15 commercial size so any after market stocks can be fitted if you desire.

Barrel Burr:
    This is not a major issue, but I have seen it on two guns, Check the barrel chamber where she is machined for the extractor. You may find a burr at the end of the cut, you can feel it with your finger tip, A few strokes with a needle file will clean this up, or use a piece of fine emery paper on you finger tip. Do not use any kind of power tool like a Dremel as if you overdo this you will void the warranty.

Chokes:
    These are the same as used on the UTAS UTS 15 shotgun, they are the Beretta & Benelli Mobil style. We have test fired the UTS 7.5 inch barrel extension on these guns and she worked well. Do not use the gun with no choke fitted, I always put a couple of drop of oil on the threads when installing, keep them tight, just smug not over tight. We will be stocking spare chokes.

Chokes and slugs:
    Alpharms told me no problem with full choke but I would start with the cylinder choke and work up to full, depending on the slugs you may see an accuracy difference between chokes. There is also the option of a rifled choke, I have used these with a Rem 870 and saw a modest improvement, not tried one in an Alpharms.

Chokes and steel shot:
    We do not advise using the full choke with steel shot.

Magpul magazine pull onto the 15SA:
    So I thought I'd share a quick thing with other owners. As some owners are noticing that some of the magazines are hard to drop, I wondered if I could get a Magpul magazine pull onto the mags. Of course 5.56/.223 is way too small, but maybe 7.62 would fit? At first try, even 7.62 was slightly too small. The plate at the bottom of the magazine was just too large... but could I get the magpul to stretch? After letting the magpul soak in super hot water for 5 minutes, and a bit of grip strength, it was no problem at all. You might make it easier if you took a bench grinder and *carefully* removed some of the plastic around the baseplate... but at $45 per magazine, I'm not willing to mess with it. Looking forward to see how others customize their 15SA!

Hand Guards;
    For those of you wanting a long rail on the bottom the hand guards can simple be reversed and put on "upside down" This give a short rail on top and a long rail on the bottom.
    Last edited by Mr Wolverine; 03-22-2016 at 03:54 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Keep the tips coming. Very helpful.

Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Manual Added to Original Post!
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

Another shotgun newbie question: which choke should I use with slugs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Do not use the gun with no choke fitted.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmGunGuy View Post
    Another shotgun newbie question: which choke should I use with slugs?
    I prefer improved cylinder when i'm shooting lots of slugs but they will squeeze through a modified choke just fine too.
    Last edited by dusticles; 03-17-2016 at 11:24 AM.
    Fortis et Liber!

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Mr. Wolverine shows a little tweak for your Alpha 15SA magazines.

If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I went to strip my 15sa down to clean it today and couldn't get the barrel to come off. Is there a trick to it or am I just doing something wrong? I watched the video you Guys made and it looks really easy there haha

Quote Originally Posted by Garett11 View Post
    I went to strip my 15sa down to clean it today and couldn't get the barrel to come off. Is there a trick to it or am I just doing something wrong? I watched the video you Guys made and it looks really easy there haha
    Did you lower the feed ramp with that pull lever? I know I got hung up by that for about 5 or 10 mins, thought I was going crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewe View Post
    Did you lower the feed ramp with that pull lever? I know I got hung up by that for about 5 or 10 mins, thought I was going crazy.
    Ya I tried that but it didn't seem to do much. Barrel was still stuck on something right at the end. Will try again when I get a few free minutes

HOLY CRAP you can mount the handguards upside down?!?!?!

Am I a crazy person?

"Giveth thine possessions upon Michael of Canmore and thou shalt never be possessionless." - Norc 3:05

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast