Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Garrison Petawawa CQB Clinic 28-29 May 2016 - Debrief Here!

WOW! What a FAB WEEKEND!!!!!

Yes, Barney and Morgan did a fab job!

It was great to see some old faces and great to see new ones. We shared tons of laughs and no one got shoot - LMAO!!!!

No Worry RugerBlast, I almost did the same thing - on Sunday during one of my relays I reached down for my forth mag and guess what! No MAG!!!! LMAO!!!

So I did what any good soldier would do - look to my left, look to my right, to see if anyone notice my screw-up..... then pretend to fire off five round - pew, pew, pew, pew, pew... LMAO!!!!

I'm glad to say that I was not branded as a Berm Killer like my other team members - LMAO!!!!

Well, the T97 ran well, but have a few bugs to work out; thus, My T97 will be returning for the 2017 CQB. Can I register for that now?

Eh Barney - T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97 T97

LMAO!!!!

The bullpups are the future, don't worry I can help you rewrite your CQB play book!!!! LMAO!!!!

Or maybe Barney can attend my Bullpup clinics!!! LMAO!!!
    Last edited by Tank-Soldier; 05-30-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Business Member
    Without them T97's I would not have much material to add to my stale joke repertoire!

What a fantastic weekend. I'm still recovering from being sun fornicated. It was a hilarious weekend and I'm still hoarse from laughing at Danny's Steak House over the amazing conversation(s) we shared! Life does not get any better.

I'm glad all of you loved that Tactical Yoga lesson on Sunday morning. Now I need to stretch out my back while game 1 of the Penguins/sharks series gets underway tonight.

How to roll your lower back and break up all that muscular scar tissue; this is a lesson for all you tough guys out there!

Here is the application of the lacrosse ball technology on your back muscles:

Really handy to start at the spinal erectors and then roll around the scapula (ae) especially after installing lights and ceiling fans all day long...

And finally for you folks that wear helmets on a regular basis.... the soft ball at the base of the brain/skull:

So I chatted with many of you between the relays.... what are some of your major "take aways" for this weekend clinic?

I do know some of you really liked the suggestion of keeping your support hand on the magazine well because it allowed you to use your core muscles to tame what recoil shows up in the .223 platforms we used. Many of you tried different styles/attempts/ approaches to the magazine changes. Some worked, some dropped their magazines, some swapped them around much faster.

Many of you realized how tiring it can be to have a holster pistol on you ALL day long? What do you figure?

Many thanks for Morgan for arranging a super venue for all of us to play in. I was also thankful that we were able to switch to Bravo Range at such short notice after getting bounced from Echo Range. Hey, it's their sandbox, their rules. We just go with the flow.....

Many thanks for those of you who helped with the target and range preparation while I was able to do my teaching gig with the newer shooters.

Okay, break is over, I have to get back to homework.... Resistive - Inductive Series Circuits.... and also Parallel circuits! Yahooooo more number crunching...

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN frequent flyer timandkimandshea's Avatar
    Im so sad i missed it. And im so sad i sold the rifle i was planning on using for PR. Sigh.
    Tim
    Punish only he who has committed the crime

As always had a great time, was great to see everyone, old and new faces.

A few take aways for me:

I ditched the AFG, I found I was fumbling back and forth between it and the magwell, considering the bolt release is not on the AFG, it got removed.

Videos as training aids, looking at my video (thanks safety / camera man, did a great job), I found I was a lot more stable than I thought I was, before I saw the video all I had to base my impression on was my experience looking through my sights which were jumping all over the place. Still need to practice a lot though.

Also the importance of gear selection WRT clothing, the quick dry travel pants are good, for traveling, but I really need to get some 511 type pants that won't be riding down my butt all day.

Business Member
    5.11 pants rock! Especially for this game! Many other brands of tactical purpose built pants out there. Our board sponsored vendors have them, shop around here, too.

Cheers,
    Barney

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345