Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CDTSA Milo CQB Clinic 1- 06/07 Sep 2016 - Debrief here!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by outlawninja View Post
    Please make sure that non members take note of the road use restrictions for access to the range.

Will likely see ya there!
    Great point Outlawninja!

Everyone who's coming, please note, you *MUST NOT* use Range Road 224. It is a condition of our range approval agreement with the county. NO ONE attending the range is allowed to use this road. There have been a lot of accidents on it because of people who are not used to driving on these types of roads, and the county and locals have insisted we do not have ANYONE use it.

When you are going out there, you'll go east on Highway 23 (opposite direction of High River, at the main High River exit, sign says towards Vulcan). You'll go straight for a little while, the road banks left, then right, straight for a bit, banks right, then left (basically takes a detour around a bit of property), then eventually you'll get to the intersection at Highway 24 (south would go to Lethbridge). You'll cross here, and keep going straight for about 20-21 KM. You'll see Range Road 224 on your right - go past it. Next right is Range Road 223 (Hard to forget that one). Turn right, (going south) it is a dirt road. The sign for CDTSA Milo is fairly small. You'll see McGregor Lake a little southeast of you at this turn. If you end up seeing McGregor Lake on your right and are going past it, you've gone too far. Once on RR 223, keep going until your first right, and turn right (going west now). CDTSA gates will be there shortly. Hard to miss it.

Please don't put our range at risk by taking 224. If anyone does find out or sees you, you likely will be asked not to come back. It sucks, but the county was very serious and insistent that we do not have people using RR 224.
    CCFR

Very tempted to come out for that Barney. Now to see if I can get a couple of days off, and pull up a couch at my sister's place.

After all, Desert Eager numbah one!!

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by saskplcguy View Post
    Very tempted to come out for that Barney. Now to see if I can get a couple of days off, and pull up a couch at my sister's place.

After all, Desert Eager numbah one!!
    If you come out and need a ride, I can possibly help with that. I'm in the south-west of Calgary, and I'd have room for two guys in the truck (well, three if I really needed to, but the guys in the back seat probably won't be super impressed)
    CCFR

I'm signed up for the Tues/Wed course. Finally something that works with my rail road schedule!

Hey Barney,

One last question for you, would we be able to use 22lr for this exercise? I have an M and P 15 22 which is restricted (unfortunately) and wondering if this would work? Looking at using a Gokarev for the Pistol.

Any thoughts would be helpful for a noob

Do you have enough mags for the 15-22? They are almost impossible to find. If you did find them, where!!!???

Business Member
    KCPrice: Thanks for the suggestion of using Range Road 223; that's a great reminder.

.22 LR ? You can but it's nowhere near as fun as a 9mm or .40 or .45 or .380 (or whatever) 7.6x x 25mm Tokarev.

Bring on the questions you may have!

Cheers,

Barney

Hey saskpicguy,

They are hard to fine, I picked up a bunch at SFRC and they had 4 in stock and managed to pick one last one up at http://www.alflahertys.com/products/...lack-199230000

They are sold out though . If I find any more I will PM you! I enjoy the little rifle!!

Barney,

I'm thinking of using the Smith and Wesson M and P 15 22 with 22LR ammo which is almost exactly like the big brother version AR that shoots .223. That would be the main rifle to learn with and I would use a Tokarev for the pistol. Was hoping to get a cheap DPMS for that day but looks like I gotta save up more and my wife says I already have to many guns, like 4 is enough;p

Hello Barney; questions regarding the pistol : Do we need holsters and holster certification ? If yes, what type/kind ?
    I don't want to register for the course and found out I don't have what I need and "my dick will fell off"
    Truth is called hate by those who you hate the truth.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast