Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Away for instructor upgrade training

Business Member
    Sig Academy
    I want to take a moment to share my thoughts on the Sig Academy (Epping, NH).
    First, the facilities. Everything was purpose built to facilitate training and works very well. The course was set up to maximize range time and our classroom was literally next to the range! Well thought out range designs with excellent training aids like steel targets and paper target frames. There were never any shortages of targets or ammo. The other outstanding thing was the sample firearms (pistols) available to handle outside the classrooms and the armoury. They have every type of equipment that you could possibly need. Sig has clearly put a lot of time and effort into making sure that they can accommodate all different types of training at their facility. This is one impressive training center.
    Next, the instructors. Steve, Dylon and Jim. I have never worked with instructors who were so completely dedicated to firearms training and performance. They are constantly trying to improve their own skill and they were incredibly good at sharing what they have learned. All three were top notch professionals and it showed in everything they did and said. I can’t say enough good about these guys.
    Training. This was some of the best training I have ever taken. The training methods taught were extremely effective. Even learning the techniques and principles, improved my shooting skills. Everything they taught was simple, objective based and extremely effective. I left with wide range techniques to bring home and incorporate into my training method.
    More to follow soon…..

CGN Regular
    I'd love to take some of the shooting classes. The armorer classes are great!

Hope you hit The Pro Shop a few times.
    Cathy

CGN frequent flyer Moparman1303's Avatar
    Amazing

Business Member
    Ok, heading back to the Sig Academy, for two more weeks of intensive training. After the outstanding training of the last course, I'm really looking forward to pushing myself again. I was very impressed by the instructors' dedication to continuous learning and improvement. This is something I also believe in strongly and I believe the Sig Academy is the right place to do it. I will try and post updates throughout the course.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12