Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calgary TSE M14 Clinic - Saturday 10 Sep 2016 - Debrief here!

305"s welcome?

Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Heybert:

You don't need no other beginner clinic. This is the ONE for you. Just show up and get ready to learn a shztload of information!

AlbinoMoose: your EMT was perfectly done... warm thanks!

Cheers,
    Barney

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docscoutjr View Post
    305"s welcome?
    Heck YES!! That's what this entire clinic is for! I even welcome all M1A's, LRB M25's (mine needed tweaking), JRA's and yes, Garands as well. I'm bringing both my Norinco M305 and my Berretta M1 Garand across the country!

Lately (past few years) I've been able to get out West once per year. I'm not so sure with my new second career how things are going to turn out next season. One never knows what the universe has in store for any of us! Hey, it's all good...

Cheers

Barney

Are there still spots available?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by STHM View Post
    Are there still spots available?
    Yes there are! EMT away.... that's assuming you found the EMT information on Post number 1 on this thread.

We always have a great time. On Saturday, the Farmers Market nextdoor always has great lunch treats!!

Cheers,
    Barney

Looking for a spot as well , can I bring 3 305's?
    sending emt now

CGN Ultra frequent flyer steamy teabag's Avatar
    I have a norc 305 shorty still caked in cosmoline that I wouldn't mind some tutelage on. Spots still available?
    luceo non uro
    Canadians have (a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof.

Never in doubt, seldom correct.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker56 View Post
    Looking for a spot as well , can I bring 3 305's?
    sending emt now
    Bring all those M305's.... we will have many spare "hands" to help you tweak those babies. Your EMT was perfect there. Peacemaker56....

Lots of space still at the TSE M14 Clinic. EMT information in the first post of this thread!

SteamyTeabag:

To remove that cosmoline, there are many threads or discussions on how to remove it. My favorite method is laundry tub hot, hottest water and a toothbrush with VIM or DAWN or Palmolive dishwashing liquid.

I'm not going to use the old ways of Varsol, Acetone, and Gasoline, but they do work. Just be very careful. Health and Safety and all that stuff. Hopefully you quit smoking before using these petro chemical approaches. Get scrubbing!

Cheers,
    Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer orthoboy's Avatar
    I already spent a ton removing the rear sight and placing a nightforce Scope on my SA SuperMatch, heavy walnut heavy barrel. I had more money than skill. But would this clinic still be useful as I'm a noob anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by orthoboy View Post
    I already spent a ton removing the rear sight and placing a nightforce Scope on my SA SuperMatch, heavy walnut heavy barrel. I had more money than skill. But would this clinic still be useful as I'm a noob anyway?
    I'm with this guy , I have a national match that's working perfect . Still I would like to go , anybody want to carpool from Sherwood park or wainwright ?

Business Member
    For you M1A owners:

YES, bring your M1A to the clinic. We will tighten them up for you. I owned an LRB M25, and YES it needed tuning also! Do you think I know just a bit more than those builders after 70 of these clinics and tuning these rifles since 1985? yuk yuk yuk

As I told some sniper candidates at a recent visit to a sniper course, I'm just a Religion Teacher; when they asked who I was after I could/was correcting their .338 Lap Mag booolits into steel targets on night shoot. How many civvies do you know get invited out to a Sniper Course night PO (performance objective) Test? ha ha ha ha ha

Cheers:

Barney

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast