Mini thermo sight What rifle are you running with it on

carverk

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Rating - 100%
17   0   1
I put a deposit on one of thes mini thermo sights just wandering what rifle you guy have them on and how do you like the mini thermo
I already have a FLIR PS32 and love it and I had to get the mini thermo sight

Was very curious about these, no kidding with the price point. However I want to know if it a 1000$ novelty lense or if it is actually serviceable on a rifle?

Own a farm and it would be awesome for predator controll or even just a quick horse check at night. However if it's just going to put heat blotches where the heat is coming from that's not really what I need.

I've been curious about these sites too I was thinking of actually getting the Ruger 10-22 and using it for varmints like squirrels and I'm one that has a kind of bad taste for rugers

I do like the price
Plus it's clip-on and ment to work with red dots and reflex sights.
It would be handy if it can hold up to a shotgun would be wicked for getting rid of raccoon ,deer ,and those big ugly Norwegian water rats jurring a cull on sum of the Islands around home

I know from my exerance with the FLIR it is varry limited on hot days and being able to take off the thermo sight is a big plus

For $1000 I will test this one and see if it practical to invest in a higher price unit I know from the FLIR ps32 thermo has its limits but I also know under certain situations thermo is amazing

As geologists stated useless for hunting, trees and grass get in the way. I have seek reveal XR Fastframe and it's completely useless unless it's in an open field.

Here is a pic of my wife giving me a thermal thumbs up!

Last edited:
It looks like a pretty neat little unit. The only concern I would have is how low the resolution is. I believe it is around 80x60 pixels, so not a lot of detail. It will be great for detection, but you would indeed need to be quite close to have enough detail to ID I would think. For the price though, it would be a nice addition to a persons night vision kit.

Edit: clearly I didn't read well enough. I see you've put a deposit down. I would say any red dot sight would work reasonably well behind it.

I like your shotgun idea for vermin. I like that idea a lot. I think that is where something like this would shine, being up close and personal within shotgun range.

Last edited:
I bubbaed my 2400 onto my 10/22. Without an aimimg reticle it's setup to POI at the centro of the screen at 15 yards.

It's more of a spray n pray than a varmint rig....

DSCN2330_zps417b652f.jpg

It looks like a pretty neat little unit. The only concern I would have is how low the resolution is. I believe it is around 80x60 pixels, so not a lot of detail. It will be great for detection, but you would indeed need to be quite close to have enough detail to ID I would think. For the price though, it would be a nice addition to a persons night vision kit.

Edit: clearly I didn't read well enough. I see you've put a deposit down. I would say any red dot sight would work reasonably well behind it.

I like your shotgun idea for vermin. I like that idea a lot. I think that is where something like this would shine, being up close and personal within shotgun range.

I don't think of thermo and Long range
It shood be handy for dealing with bears and raccoons in camp at night
And for finding and shooting rats
Last year I was working nights on horizontal directional drill it was my job to hike through the bush and look for fracks and my FLIR ps32 was hand
I never encountered any bears on that job but fond deer birds and one wolf this was all in complete darkness

How's the refresh rate that's the question. It can be clear all it wants but if the imagine is one second delay from the reality, it's useless.

I know with the FLIR a smal green box appears on the screen while it is refreshing and you can hear very faint clicking so well it's refreshing you would have to wait a second

Back
Top Bottom