Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202122232425262728293031323444 ... LastLast

Thread: They are here ! CZ 858

Quote Originally Posted by KenADienne View Post
    I apologize in advance for the "noobness" of my question, but I'm having trouble finding solid information in my online research on this issue, and I'm hoping some CGNutters might be able to help me out. I really want to buy one of these CZ 858s, but the RCMP's recent ban on the rifles has given me pause for thought. Of course, the Cons reversed the prohibition, but my worry is that the RCMP might take another run at these guns at some point in the future. Does anyone have any info to help shed some light on the likelihood of this happening again? Is it just safer for me to fork out the extra $300 for a VZ58 -- to give myself peace of mind? I know the VZs aren't as durable as the CZs, and cost more, but the RCMP have never banned them. For me, knowing the rifle is mine -- and will continue to be mine -- is a very important consideration. Thanks in advance!
    Buy one.
    I don't know how many times I have kicked myself for not buying a Fal and 12.6 pistols and being able to shoot them before reclassification....
    Just about everything is at risk in one way or another.
    Ounces leads to pounds, pounds lead to pain.
    Light, strong and cheap - pick two.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jpboivin View Post
    Can I use the same credit card?
    I dont see why not, you will use it 2X... JP.

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertaSheepdog View Post
    anyone able to tell me how the KCI mags from Korea function in these rifles?

also, will there be any surplus magazines available for sale as well? or just 4 per rifle?
    The KCI mags function perfectly in the 858 they were made for them. It is certain runs of the CSA rifles that they don't fit in, as the magwells in the CSA is not always a consistent size.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

I apologize in advance for the "noobness" of my question, but I'm having trouble finding solid information in my online research on this issue, and I'm hoping some CGNutters might be able to help me out. I really want to buy one of these CZ 858s, but the RCMP's recent ban on the rifles has given me pause for thought. Of course, the Cons reversed the prohibition, but my worry is that the RCMP might take another run at these guns at some point in the future. Does anyone have any info to help shed some light on the likelihood of this happening again? Is it just safer for me to fork out the extra $300 for a VZ58 -- to give myself peace of mind? I know the VZs aren't as durable as the CZs, and cost more, but the RCMP have never banned them. For me, knowing the rifle is mine -- and will continue to be mine -- is a very important consideration. Thanks in advance!
    If the Liberals start coming after firearms, it won't matter whether you have a CZ or a VZ.....they won't stop at just one type.

Quote Originally Posted by prisonbreak View Post
    I just received 3 of the KCI mags from wolverine. They are well built. I found that it took some effort to load the last round into the mag. Hopefully that changes in time. No problems with fit or function.
    they do get a little easier after use. I've also taken a file to the leg on the follower, just a swipe or two and that makes a big difference as well.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Hokus Grey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Wolverine View Post
    The KCI mags function perfectly in the 858 they were made for them. It is certain runs of the CSA rifles that they don't fit in, as the magwells in the CSA is not always a consistent size.
    Really?

This explains a lot, as I've owned a few of the CSA's over the years, but I always found it a PITA to install things like extended mag releases and this would explain why.

Interesting.

Oh yeah, and if you have a PAL and don't own a real CZ858 - may your d*ck fall off a thousand times.
    #BeLoveCreateProtect

Quote Originally Posted by Hokus Grey View Post
    Really?

This explains a lot, as I've owned a few of the CSA's over the years, but I always found it a PITA to install things like extended mag releases and this would explain why.

Interesting.

Oh yeah, and if you have a PAL and don't own a real CZ858 - may your d*ck fall off a thousand times.
    The angle on the mag release "foot" is different between the 858 and the VZ58. This is why some folks who bought the BC Tactical extended mag release had a bugger of a time fitting them into their VZ but they drop right into the 858.

Thanks for your input, everyone! So just to open another can of worms (with my second-ever post, no less): can anyone tell me why / how CZs are better than VZs? Let loose the hyperbole!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Thanks for your input, everyone! So just to open another can of worms (with my second-ever post, no less): can anyone tell me why / how CZs are better than VZs? Let loose the hyperbole!
    Cz are the original, the one we own are built from original parts on original tooling and original specs! The VZ are well built aroud the same idea and most spec's, but on some parts it can be the same dimensions but not the same hardness as an example.

Think Kraft diner mac and cheese and no name brand mac and cheese or coka cola and big 8.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by rally guy View Post
    Cz are the original, the one we own are built from original parts on original tooling and original specs! The VZ are well built aroud the same idea and most spec's, but on some parts it can be the same dimensions but not the same hardness as an example.

Think Kraft diner mac and cheese and no name brand mac and cheese or coka cola and big 8.
    Except the CSA VZ has a 5 year warranty and the CZ only 1 year. Also, VZ has tabbed bolt carried to avoid issues and is ( usually ) chrome lined. Also the finnish is a more mat black on the VZ.

So looking at it from a " protect your investment for a everyday shooter " standpoint the CSA VZ 58 would be your best bet, while if your a collector a CZ 858 would prob be a good choice in your red rifle collection.

Im trying to get both. CZ will sit in its box in the safe.
    Last edited by CanadianBaconPancakes; 04-01-2016 at 12:14 AM.