Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: B&t apc 223 APPROVED NON RESTRICTED

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Just got my NR APC-223, must say its a beaut.

Got a couple questions for the fine folks at wolverine.

1 - how do you remove the hydraulic buffer from the factory stock? Looking to retrofit a ACR stock on there and dont quite understand the design of the hyd buffer, and dont want to wreck anything.

2 - Are replacement fore-ends available? I plan to drop mine off with the machinist soon to be further lightened and have Mlok slots milled... in the unlikely event that something goes wrong, can I purchase a replacement?

3 - What is the factory finsh on the fore-end? I assume its annodizing, just trying to figure out what my chances are of finding a cerakote shade that matches close enough.

4 - If i wish to go to a restricted length in the future, can I purchase the restricted conversion from you folks, or will I have to sell and rebuy/get a custom barrel made?
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

The buffer is retained with a small cross pin, this has to be punched out. Do not fire her with the buffer removed.

A replacement fore end would be a special order item.

I can't comment on the exact colour of the factory finish, you will have to match it the best you can.

We do not offer the restricted length as a conversion kit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    The buffer is retained with a small cross pin, this has to be punched out. Do not fire her with the buffer removed.

A replacement fore end would be a special order item.

I can't comment on the exact colour of the factory finish, you will have to match it the best you can.

We do not offer the restricted length as a conversion kit.
    Thanks Jon, would you mind letting me know how much replacement factory fore-ends costs? A price for each length would be appreciated.

Additionally whats the cost and availability of a replacement gas system? (Gas block, piston, regulator, and any other associated parts)

Lastly, what is the barrel threaded too? 1/2x28?

Thanks!
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 01-22-2018 at 04:05 PM.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Regular
    For the APC rifles, is the upper or the lower considered the firearm? Looking at some photos, and it seems the uppers are serialized and the lowers aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    For the APC rifles, is the upper or the lower considered the firearm? Looking at some photos, and it seems the uppers are serialized and the lowers aren't.
    Your question is irrelevant as these semi auto models are manufactured in such a way that the front pivot pin is not removable. This was a detail on the submission to the RCMP SFSS when we submitted a sample APC for their approval.

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Thanks Jon, would you mind letting me know how much replacement factory fore-ends costs? A price for each length would be appreciated.

Additionally whats the cost and availability of a replacement gas system? (Gas block, piston, regulator, and any other associated parts)

Lastly, what is the barrel threaded too? 1/2x28?

Thanks!
    B&T Ag do not have a complete price list for parts but they are working on it for you. Barrel thread will be either 1/2 x 28 or M15 x 1

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Your question is irrelevant as these semi auto models are manufactured in such a way that the front pivot pin is not removable. This was a detail on the submission to the RCMP SFSS when we submitted a sample APC for their approval.
    Hmm didn't know that. Does this also apply for the APC9 and GHM9?

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Hmm didn't know that. Does this also apply for the APC9 and GHM9?
    Yes it certainly applies to the APC9, I don't have a GHM9 here to check but I think so.

Some things are best enjoyed in pairs.

Got my local machinist building me a pair of ACR stock adapters and milling my one handguard down and adding Mlok slots at 3, 6, and 9 o'clock positions. Still debating whether I should do it to the 2nd one or not as I am considering selling it. (Got some other rifles that need collecting)

What say the fine folks of CGN? Should I get the 2nd handguard milled too?
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

I love love love my APC but hate the stock.. sorry if this is already posted in this thread but have the other adjustable style stock come into Canada yet?