Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Any interest in a 20mm rifle?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arm&Gun View Post
    Nice necro BlkMamba.

Agreed this would be a sweet project. I'd be interested. ATRS did you ever get further with pricing and ammo? Seemed like there was a good bit of interest, especially from Sask where the land is flat and the gophers are fat!
    The rifle looks like it will land in the $10K to $11K area.
    Casings are $50.00 per , no firm price on the bullets yet as they are still in the development stages. The larger the run of bullets being made the better the price will be, but given the cost of the material and the machine time it would not surprise me to see them run in the $20.00 per bullet range.
    Pulled Vulcan practice bullets can be used and are significantly cheaper but will not begin to compare to what the custom projectiles will do for accuracy and distance capability.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by gregb View Post
    I'm in as long as Rick can make mine Semi-auto.
    Not gonna happen. A semi auto would make the price per gun 10 times what we already know will be a very expensive rifle.
    The simpler we can keep everything the less expensive it will be, so a simple bolt action it will be.
    Also being a semi auto REQUIRES a few years of languishing in the SFSS lab waiting for a legal classification. I am getting older and just don't want to risk designing something, building it and dying before I get to take it out and see what it can do.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

This is awesome... if I had the dough for this I'd be in... sadly at the moment, no can do. Hopefully that changes.
    Kudos again Rick!
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

This is kinda what the plan is, just BIGGER!!! Waaaaay bigger!

Would owners have to be registered under the Controlled Goods Program? It looks like they would according to the Defense Production Acts Schedule of Controlled Goods, Section 3(2)(a):

2-2 Smooth-bore weapons with a calibre of 20 mm or more, other weapons or armament with a calibre greater than 12.7 mm (calibre 0.50 inches), projectors and accessories, as follows:
    Guns, howitzers, cannon, mortars, anti-tank weapons, projectile launchers, military flame throwers, rifles, recoilless rifles, smooth-bore weapons and signature reduction devices therefor, first manufactured after 1945...

Quote Originally Posted by b-wingpilot View Post
    Would owners have to be registered under the Controlled Goods Program? It looks like they would according to the Defense Production Acts Schedule of Controlled Goods, Section 3(2)(a):

2-2 Smooth-bore weapons with a calibre of 20 mm or more, other weapons or armament with a calibre greater than 12.7 mm (calibre 0.50 inches), projectors and accessories, as follows:
    Guns, howitzers, cannon, mortars, anti-tank weapons, projectile launchers, military flame throwers, rifles, recoilless rifles, smooth-bore weapons and signature reduction devices therefor, first manufactured after 1945...
    Not according to the folks at Controlled Goods. I asked.

CGN Regular
    Will it look like this?:
    http://imgur.com/gallery/cDVjglX

CGN frequent flyer lupothebutcher's Avatar
    The legal firearm owner in Canada must be very careful to follow the letter of the law in regards to the firearms act, he must, above all, be very careful NOT to try to interject REASON or COMMON SENSE into the process

CGN Ultra frequent flyer 8 ball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    The rifle looks like it will land in the $10K to $11K area.
    Casings are $50.00 per , no firm price on the bullets yet as they are still in the development stages. The larger the run of bullets being made the better the price will be, but given the cost of the material and the machine time it would not surprise me to see them run in the $20.00 per bullet range.
    Pulled Vulcan practice bullets can be used and are significantly cheaper but will not begin to compare to what the custom projectiles will do for accuracy and distance capability.
    Ohh! Better pricing than I had even hoped for. Rick, I am genuinely interested at this price range.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    This is one hell of a project. Too rich for me currently, but if anyone in BC buys one I'll pay to shoot it once! Lol

What about making one on 14.5mm like the ptrd? Would that be any cheaper? Do they have more available ammo or is it just as pricey as 20mm?
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.