Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Xmetal Targets - Visit and Ammunition Sneak Peak

I love supporting Canadian manufacturers...as long as the price is right and with American stuff at a premium it shouldn't be hard. Thanks Xmetal
    The possession of arms is the distinction of a free man from a slave.

Expired Business Member
    Information about the coating of our bullets

The Hi-Tek Heat Set Supercoat was developed specifically for commercial bullet casters to provode reloaders with a cast bullet that didn't smoke and gum up reloading dies like a traditional wax lubed bullet. Properly applied the coating molecularly bonds to the lead, encasing the entire projectile in a protective shell that is self-lubricating. This proprietary coating contains no PTFE or Moly.

What this means to you? No messy wax lubes that smoke, gums up your reloading dies or bullet feeders. Since the bullet is totally encapsulated, it also greatly reduces your exposure to lead. Cleaner hands, cleaner guns and cleaner air are all benefits of the Hi-Tek Supercoat.

In use in it's native Australia for over 20 years. Hi-Tek Supercoat was introduced to the U.S. several years ago. It's been an overwhelming success by both commercial and home casters alike.

A little something to let you think about

From what you read you now know that this coating is not a powder coat.

But there is nothing better than seen that from your own eyes right?

On a regular basis during our process of quality inspection we do a test to make sure that we have the best product for our client. The picture speak for it self don't you think?

Name:  12916209_10153368491151933_2396313277552807966_o.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  16.4 KB

You mention .338 lapua mag - Will these be coated with the Hitek supercoat too? If so, what sort of velocity limitations do you have with it over conventional jacketing?

CGN Regular
    That coating looks awesome! Lead exposure is always on my mind, and yet I'm not willing to pay for premium jacketed 9mm ammo. This stuff sounds PERFECT! If you are able to keep prices around the $300 per case of 1000, you'll sell these by the million!

Manufacturing is tricky business when competing against huge factories. I really hope you are able to pull it off!

One other question - are you planning to use the same bullet making process for your rifle rounds? Any idea what kind of accuracy we could expect from it? I'm guessing around 2 to 3 MOA?

As soon as we can get our hands on some of their ammo, we will be doing a video review and comparison of accuracy versus other factory ammo. (we are the ones that did the video for this thread)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kevin M.'s Avatar
    Good stuff! Looking forward to seeing it on the shelf!
    You know you are a real gunnut when you start practicing trigger control on power tools.

WWJMBD? What Would John Moses Browning Do?

CGN frequent flyer Prairie Plinker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XMetal Targets View Post
    Information about the coating of our bullets

The Hi-Tek Heat Set Supercoat was developed specifically for commercial bullet casters to provode reloaders with a cast bullet that didn't smoke and gum up reloading dies like a traditional wax lubed bullet. Properly applied the coating molecularly bonds to the lead, encasing the entire projectile in a protective shell that is self-lubricating. This proprietary coating contains no PTFE or Moly.

What this means to you? No messy wax lubes that smoke, gums up your reloading dies or bullet feeders. Since the bullet is totally encapsulated, it also greatly reduces your exposure to lead. Cleaner hands, cleaner guns and cleaner air are all benefits of the Hi-Tek Supercoat.

In use in it's native Australia for over 20 years. Hi-Tek Supercoat was introduced to the U.S. several years ago. It's been an overwhelming success by both commercial and home casters alike.

A little something to let you think about

From what you read you now know that this coating is not a powder coat.

But there is nothing better than seen that from your own eyes right?

On a regular basis during our process of quality inspection we do a test to make sure that we have the best product for our client. The picture speak for it self don't you think?

Name:  12916209_10153368491151933_2396313277552807966_o.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  16.4 KB
    Wow! No flaking at all! Very impressive looking coating. Will you be selling these bullets separately by the 1000 or only in your manufactured ammo?

Either way I'll be trying them out for sure, gotta support the Canadian companies out there. Especially the ones in the ammo making biz!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    The coating is a unique way of keeping down costs..Copper jacketing is not cheap!

Towards the end we saw a packaged product, that looks to further reduce costs.

You might even consider bulk boxes of 1000, as many guys (myself included) would be fine with that if it saved us a few dollars. Personally, I open a case of 9mm/45acp/223 and open all the boxes and dump all the ammo into ammo cans. One of my pet peeves is dealing with all the packaging and the fact that all those branded boxes and plastic trays factor into the final cost. I want ammo, not garbage!

Even if you don't go the bulk package route, your plastic tray packaging eliminates 2/3 of the garbage and maybe makes the actual case smaller in size to reduce shipping expenses.

Overall, it looks great.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ben777lemay's Avatar
    I would like to buy canadian made ammunition if the price is good.

I'm very inerested by the .223 and 9mm.

If you ever make some .45acp, i'm sure that would be also very popular.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aniest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by drifter dave View Post
    Dude. He said .303...
    That would be a godsend.
    Please adjust prices for caselots
    MON AMIE!!!! Send the .303 into production... 'nuff said. It might not be popular in the USA but all of your Canadian brothers and sisters who shoot would love you.

The video is excellent, as well.
    Check my "Started Threads" for Equipment Exchange ads: https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/forum/member.php/76158-Aniest

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast