Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TDSA Canada 2016 schedule UPDATE

Just read the outline for the Tac Rifle III course that is 2.5 days. It appears that only one day is on the range and the rest is in class, yet you say there will be 600!rifle rounds and 400 pistol rounds required. Part of the course is learning about the tomahawk? I took a Tdsa rifle course 2 seasons ago and we stood around waiting for people to arrive, lots of chit chat, and by noon shot only 7 rounds of ammo. Is this a new team running the show?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark18 View Post
    Just read the outline for the Tac Rifle III course that is 2.5 days. It appears that only one day is on the range and the rest is in class, yet you say there will be 600!rifle rounds and 400 pistol rounds required. Part of the course is learning about the tomahawk? I took a Tdsa rifle course 2 seasons ago and we stood around waiting for people to arrive, lots of chit chat, and by noon shot only 7 rounds of ammo. Is this a new team running the show?
    Seriously? I'm interested on their courses so I guess I need to read more reviews before joining in.

Quote Originally Posted by tdsacanada View Post
    Hello everyone,

Just to get started, my name is Aaron. I am the Lead Instructor for TDSA Canada. You will start to see more posts from me in the coming weeks and months regarding this year's courses and events.

If anyone has any questions at all, by all means please email me at
    Aaron@tdsacanada.com and I'll be more than happy to provide whatever assistance I can.

We have a very busy schedule this year. Actually the busiest we've ever had. We have 22 courses scheduled for this upcoming season.

Including our BRAND NEW courses. They are : Woman's only AP1 , Intro to Pistol, competition 1 and 2, Advanced Pistol 3 and Tactcal rifle 3 ( which both have the prerequisite of AP1 & AP2 and Tac 1 & Tac 2 respectively).

We currently have our first 2 AP1 classes sold out and the rest of the dates are filling up quick with well over 100 people registered so far.

Please see our website www.tdsacanada.com for course information and details.

Link to the schedule:
    http://www.tdsacanada.com/schedule

Link to the registration page: http://www.tdsacanada.com/selectcourses

Thank you all for your time and I look forward to seeing lots of new and I'm sure some of the same faces downrange this season.

Cheers,

Aaron
    Lead Instructor
    TDSA Canada
    I'm looking to sign up for the advance pistol 1 course. Is it acceptable to use a CR Speed WSM 2 holster for the course? Thanks!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark18 View Post
    Thanks for your intrest. I have been with Scott and company for 7 years and I cannot remember such a slow day ever occurring. Never the less, we have since built a new team of instructors.

To answer your question, yes there will be tomahawk and knife work as well as hand to hand elements in this new course.

The friday evening and Saturday will be in class dry fire training as well as the content listed above. The Sunday will be a very fast paced range day.

We like to give people an accurate round count to ensure that they do not run out of ammo because we've seen it happen several times.

Thanks ,

Aaron

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P2bflip View Post
    I'm looking to sign up for the advance pistol 1 course. Is it acceptable to use a CR Speed WSM 2 holster for the course? Thanks!
    Yes it is. We encourage our students to train with the gear they plan to use all the time. Also, the AP1 course includes our holster certification.

Thanks

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Seriously? I'm interested on their courses so I guess I need to read more reviews before joining in.
    I would encourage you to do your due diligence and make an informed decision.

http://www.tdsacanada.com/testimonials

Please take a look at our testimonials and decide for yourself. I'll have you guys know that as a student of Scott's for 3 years before being asked to join the team I never shot LESS than 850 rounds at either an AP1 or TAC 1 and I took each a couple times.

except for Scott their are no bios on the website for any other instructors. Dry fire is excellent. I cannot believe that in a top level Tac rifle and pistol course there are tomahawks discussed given the expected round count for the day. My precision rifle course was awful but it was 2 yrs ago. It was a bunch of guys chit chatting about their equipment and virtually no instruction or shooting. I have taken lots of courses all over the place and make these comments from experience. If this has been redone then maybe worth a chance. Shooting 1,000 rounds of ammo in one day safely is something I have never seen before. Do the math, in an 8 HR course that means over 100 rounds an hour with no stopping. How much instruction and reflection on work can there be?

Other comments: Tdsa accepted far more than the stated class size for our rifle class; the course description for rifle III said classroom time not dry fire. When we took the Tavor class in Calgary we did excellent dry fire training with Israelis but you have to know how to do it properly. Testimonials are nice to read. Mine is 2 years old but 3 of us went to the course and all thought the same thing. Everyone deserves a second chance but when I read that at 2.5 day advance class is majorly classroom with tomahawks and one day live shooting 1,000 rounds I had my doubts

Why there is tomahawk class included in a gun course? I just want to learn how to shoot good. I prefer to shoot than to butcher.

The course description on the website is extremely vague for that much time and 690.00.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast