Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TDSA Canada 2016 schedule UPDATE

My last comment - on the Tdsa website Scott says he has taught 400 people in the last 15 or so years - that's not a lot. Aaron who is the lead instructor for this advanced course is not listed on the Tdsa website and has no bio. Maybe it's just communication but we wasted a lot of time, forget about unused ammo, driving to and from Silverdale etc on Tdsa. Buyer beware. Working in all those close combat physical skills Aaron talks about takes time away from firearm instruction - hence my point about talk vs instruction

Quote Originally Posted by Mark18 View Post
    My last comment - on the Tdsa website Scott says he has taught 400 people in the last 15 or so years - that's not a lot. Aaron who is the lead instructor for this advanced course is not listed on the Tdsa website and has no bio. Maybe it's just communication but we wasted a lot of time, forget about unused ammo, driving to and from Silverdale etc on Tdsa. Buyer beware. Working in all those close combat physical skills Aaron talks about takes time away from firearm instruction - hence my point about talk vs instruction
    just my 2cents on the topic, as far as I have been told tactical rifle 3 was a course that was developed at the request of students that have taken multiple classes and wanted more. It sounds like you have already made your mind up and are highly focused on a negitive perspective, which you are entitled to. I personally find that hard to believe given the fact I to have received training from Scott Aaron and team for years with nothing but the best experiences. I have trained in the US before as well as with ex-military and I can assure you TDSA is some the most unique and effective training hands down. I am certain there are hundreds of others that feel the same way.

But if it's not right for you train elsewhere, and if TDSA is right for you still train else where, get the most diverse amount of training and decide what's right for you.

Just my 2cents, but to all those who are unsure, ask around and I'm certain you won't be disappointed with what you hear about TDSA.

In regards to Scott training 300 students in 15years, that must be a typo,(miscommunication) he trains more than 100students a year. For god sakes, good luck getting into a class mid summer they are always sold out. (But don't take my word for wait until June and try to book a class

Mark18, it sounds like you were at a off class that was the exception to the rest.
    Having had several classes under my belt, I hope you do give them another try!
    Last edited by clev; 04-03-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Fair comment. We all experience stuff differently. I was going on personal experience, the website that does not mention Aaron, the course write up that talks about "ax throwing", classroom, and all live shooting on one day. We need good training outfits up here. I know Tdsa has lots of friends. I hope they deliver on this advanced class. Being constructive, let's see a more specific course outline, an instructor bio, and a more accurate website.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark18 View Post
    Fair comment. We all experience stuff differently. I was going on personal experience, the website that does not mention Aaron, the course write up that talks about "ax throwing", classroom, and all live shooting on one day. We need good training outfits up here. I know Tdsa has lots of friends. I hope they deliver on this advanced class. Being constructive, let's see a more specific course outline, an instructor bio, and a more accurate website.
    We are currently updating and redesigning the website.

Where the precision rifle course usually is held?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    Where the precision rifle course usually is held?
    All of our courses will be held at Silverdale gun club.

Thanks

Aaron

Don't know what to say about your experience. I've trained with Scott and his crew and had an enjoyable experience. Learned a lot from him that I could use in competition and operationally. I've trained in the US & Canada and his courses have been in line with the industry. Not every course is perfect, thats what AAR's are for. I've had some great take away points that I've passed on to my troops. Just to let you know TDSA even hosted a shoot day for CAF members no charge.

I don't know your level of your skills and I'm not hear to have a dick measuring contest. For those who know me, I've been around the game (CAFSAC, NSCC, ORA & OSA). I've taken his AP 1 & 2, Tac Riffle 1 & 2 & PR 1. You say 1000 rds is too much in a course, for CQB style shooting (Pistol or Carbine) thats good shooting. I've been on courses were we blew 5000 rds in a week.

It looks like you had a bad experience, but did you bring it up to the instructors?

We filled out an evaluation form very politely. I do not believe these folks were trying to scam anyone they just loved to hear themselves talk. When I read the course outline, I had concerns. I am an NRA instructor, and have been for 7 years. I do not teach up here and do not compete with Tdsa. I am employed full time in a whole other industry. My friend took 2 other Tdsa courses and had the same thoughts.

Let's not beat up on these guys. It's great that there are folks out there teaching the safe use of toys so that they don't just sit in our safes. But, focus is important. In a level 3 Tac carbine course with such an ambitious agenda, be specific about the outline and maybe "axe the ax throwing"!

I guess everyone's experience can be different.

I've taken every single one of the TDSA courses, some multiple times for skill refreshment (AP2 three times, TR2 twice, DS2 twice) and have thoroughly enjoyed every one of them. On their courses I have never shot less than 700 rounds in a day. Safety has never been an issue.

Looking forward to the new courses, as I was one of the people that requested them.

I want to try one of the classes but I want to try the ones with tactical shooting ONLY and not any other sharp weapons.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast