Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M16 parts kit and M-14 National Match Rear Sight

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ok. Thanks, I ordered on Saturday, I am not in any hurry it says processing so all should be good!
    Edit: just got another email saying one item is sold out, I think it's an SKS sight adjuster, but then shows cancelled by staff so I am not sure if the whole order is cancelled or the tool. I called but think they are at lunch, so sent an email. I don't really care about the sight tool as it would have been a spare and easy to get,but hope the kit is still coming!
    Last edited by bobdbldr; 04-06-2016 at 12:28 PM.

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer contact148's Avatar
    well got my rear sights today just put one on my m305 tight fit MUCH better then the orig sight!! Garand tomorrow......
    I helped turf Mark Holland
    Remember ONLY YOU can prevent firearms bans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    My kit shipped today, minus the sight tool! They must be busy!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

I just got my two rear sights today. No 'NM' stamped on the aperture and the windage knob threads match the Norinco, so these are 1 MOA windage. So unless I'm missing something, I don't see how these are national match rear sights.

However, the machining is perfect, the phosphating is pretty light but still even and the operation is very smooth. At $99 I am happy with them as a Norinco replacement and I'm glad I bought them at that price. But as I said, unless I am missing something, I don't see how these are National Match.

Quote Originally Posted by McCDan View Post
    I just got my two rear sights today. No 'NM' stamped on the aperture and the windage knob threads match the Norinco, so these are 1 MOA windage. So unless I'm missing something, I don't see how these are national match rear sights.

However, the machining is perfect, the phosphating is pretty light but still even and the operation is very smooth. At $99 I am happy with them as a Norinco replacement and I'm glad I bought them at that price. But as I said, unless I am missing something, I don't see how these are National Match.
    I thought the same thing and would like some clarification too.
    ‘‘Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.’’
    Mahatma Gandhi

Expired Business
    Although there are no NM markings on these sights, Johnone confirms that they are in fact National Match sights, 1 MOA clicks

CGN Regular
    I'm not a expert but I thought that 1/2moa clicks vs 1 moa clicks is what makes a national match sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins View Post
    I'm not a expert but I thought that 1/2moa clicks vs 1 moa clicks is what makes a national match sight.
    That's correct according to everything I could find out written about the NM rear sight. But I am also no expert.

Maybe mine were pulled from the wrong box at the vendor, but they are definitely 1 MOA windage. Anyone else receive theirs yet and take a good look at them? Windage knob threads on a real NM are very fine. It's easy to see the difference.
    Last edited by McCDan; 04-12-2016 at 04:58 PM.

CGN Regular
    I thought the NM sight had a deeper hood around the peep that rotated to achieve the 1/2 moa gradation, and still had 1 moa clicks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    NM on the pic above but none on the pic on the marstar site! Maybe you got directed to the wrong one!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast