Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trigger Tech AR-15 review

Anybody try one of these on a just rite carbine looking for a replacement as the stock trigger sucks

Looking to try one on my AR

Super GunNutz
    I've got one on my BCM in the straight trigger version, excellent feel.

Quote Originally Posted by DOOK View Post
    My straight TT trigger is noticeably better than my Gisselle. Much easier to install too. A great product.
    I agree with Dook. Unless you really want one of the 2-stage triggers, a TriggerTech is really hard to beat and it's 60% the cost of a Geissele.
    “The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men.” ― Plato

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Daver_II's Avatar
    I will have to look into this for my PAR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PitBull1973's Avatar
    Good to hear , going to buy one for the build I'm working on
    http://oneclearvoice.ca/

Quote Originally Posted by Daver_II View Post
    I will have to look into this for my PAR
    I have one on mine, and it has let me down in the cold weather. I fitted it in October, and went to the range to test it. All went well, very nice trigger indeed. Used it for deer hunting, -10degC and I wanted to check the zero at the end of the day, and no go. Light primer strikes and it ignited 2 out of 20.

I am going to see what the options are with Trigger Tech direct. My PAR is a 300 AAC BLK, with my own home rolled ammo. The primers are well seated, and the rounds are well constructed from new 300 AAC BLK brass. You can actually feel the difference in spring strength between the stock Troy trigger and the TriggerTech unit. The TT is much softer / weaker. Shame, because the actual unit is much nicer to use than the stock.

I shall let you know how I get on., but I would hold back on buying one for a PAR personally.

Candocad.
    [FONT="Verdana"]Take that shot and take it well, because there is unlikely to be another chance.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Got Juice?'s Avatar
    I installed my Trigger Tech DIT FF AR trigger a few weeks ago. Love the fit, finish and operation.

It has been flawless with a variety of ammo. Everything from military 5.56 to civ .223 has been digested without a hiccup. Even in stupid cold weather (-25c)

Love the slight take up and break of the trigger. It really does have a break that is instant with no creep. The reset is tactile and audible and short. You can really ride the reset for ultra fast follow up shots.

I have mine set to 3lbs (I know it can go to 2.3lbs) for a really great feeling 3 gun trigger.

If you are on the fence, this is a VERY worthwhile upgrade.
    Envy green is not a color well worn. Might want to quit while you're ahead

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaPointman View Post
    I installed mine on a Daniel Defense M4V7. Same impression. No creep super smooth crisp break.
    Good to know as I'm thinking of picking one up for my DDM4v5s...
    The stock trigger doesn't have a reset click and sometimes it won't even fire when transitioning from safe-to-semi...too finicky.
    I'm going to give the stock trigger one more chance this weekend at the range and if it's still unreliable, I'm dropping the Trigger-Tech in as well.

I just installed one on a NEA lower, easy installation, it dropped right in.
    Feels good, crisp and clean break.
    Nice packaging, clear instructions.
    Huge improvement over the original style trigger (not sure who's was in it).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast