SEMI AUTO Mg-34 Light Machine Guns.

TNW did build on parts kits that were never assembled (because of this they were considered "new production" at the time), once those dried up they had no choice but to use full auto guns and convert them. This is why there is two different FRT's and statuses for the guns they have produced.

Not long ago it was hinted at by a forum member that there would be new production NR rifles in a small quantity produced, all new sides to satisfy the RCMP

If you are referring to the Mg-34, M1919a4, 1919a6, the M-2 and the M-3 I would suggest you do a bit of research....
John

I shot one of the semi MG34's years ago when CGN was only a few hundred people, got to shoot a lot of cool stuff that day up in Pembroke which was before the "no att for prohibited rifles" came about. 2 things I remember well....the trigger pull was about 30-40lbs, and shooting prone with it leaves a bunch of red hot brass on the ground, one of which "branded" me on the forearm when I went to get up after shooting it.

The 34's are a blast i recommend them theyre an excellent budget mg
Dont let the triggers sway you i solved the issue and increased reliability 10 fold invest in these 34's theyre great

Last edited:
I shot one of the semi MG34's years ago when CGN was only a few hundred people, got to shoot a lot of cool stuff that day up in Pembroke which was before the "no att for prohibited rifles" came about. 2 things I remember well....the trigger pull was about 30-40lbs, and shooting prone with it leaves a bunch of red hot brass on the ground, one of which "branded" me on the forearm when I went to get up after shooting it.

Hi Hitzy, no att required for these they are non-restricted.
Trigger pull has been vastly improved....
We have not resolved the hot brass issue, may I suggest keeping your shirt buttoned up....
Thank you for your interest John

We have not resolved the hot brass issue, may I suggest keeping your shirt buttoned up....

lol, and definitely make sure your fly is zipped up.

Yessir, non-res back then too.... Got to shoot a G3, AK47, FN and a few other prohibs that a fellow had when they were still allowed SATT's or whatever they were called back then. The bottom eject on the MG34 combined with shooting prone was what got me....and yes I had a short sleeve shirt on lol

I can relate to that!
FA Bren at Albany, OR
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS7ss47xmik
At 2:17

absolutely a very nice and fine LMG and still in use by GA today - crew served and in light role, lots of time on them Full Auto :0)

If you are referring to the Mg-34, M1919a4, 1919a6, the M-2 and the M-3 I would suggest you do a bit of research....
John
I'm not sure what you mean.....are you saying TNW lied to their customers (myself included) and never sold or produced rifles from new parts kits that were never previously assembled?

Or do you know something new on that small batch of rifles with completely new production receivers they are rumored to be working on?

I'm not sure what you mean.....are you saying TNW lied to their customers (myself included) and never sold or produced rifles from new parts kits that were never previously assembled?

Or do you know something new on that small batch of rifles with completely new production receivers they are rumored to be working on?

All I can say on the subject is:
TNWs that made it here in the past are made (I believe) of original USGI parts kit and using a newly manufactured RHSP to pass BATF requirements in the US for semi auto status.
I spoke with Tim at TNW a while back and currently they have absolutely no plans on making a run of newly made receiver to meet Canadian specifications, they are too busy at the moment.
Now....I do know that LoneWolf is making .308s 1919s now made by John B.McGuire their master gunsmith. Are they made with new production receivers....can't say!!!
There are a few guys down there making all new receivers, but none of them are willing to deal with us up here....too much trouble they say.
Someone feel free to submit a sample...Lol...I'd buy one more. :cool:

I spoke with Tim at TNW a while back and currently they have absolutely no plans on making a run of newly made receiver to meet Canadian specifications, they are too busy at the moment.
the small amount of rifles being made now according to what was posted on this forum are not 1919's it's M2's and at a steep premium for a completely new reciever

maxresdefault.jpg

the small amount of rifles being made now according to what was posted on this forum are not 1919's it's M2's and at a steep premium for a completely new reciever

Same goes for M2s. Tim believes they will not be allowed out. He will make one if you order and put a deposit. You better know an exporter who knows how to word it to DOS to get it in here. No problem getting an IIC with the NR FRT.

Same goes for M2s. Tim believes they will not be allowed out. He will make one if you order and put a deposit. You better know an exporter who knows how to word it to DOS to get it in here. No problem getting an IIC with the NR FRT.

The ones that were posted about on this forum are supposedly a custom order from TNW with 100% new production receivers according to the poster.

you are talking about an entirely different issue than the FRT process if your concern now is the US DOS will deny export.

A regular build from TNW from a full auto gun like those listed on their website with prices will still get the new prohibited FRT the RCMP added recently

The ones that were posted about on this forum are supposedly a custom order from TNW with 100% new production receivers according to the poster.

you are talking about an entirely different issue than the FRT process if your concern now is the US DOS will deny export.

A regular build from TNW from a full auto gun like those listed on their website with prices will still get the new prohibited FRT the RCMP added recently

We are saying the same thing!!!

Back
Top Bottom