$vboptions[bbtitle]

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 141

Thread: 2016 IDF Tavor Course Dates and Details

  1. #21
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Gatehouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Pemberton BC
    Posts
    20,485
    Hmm, are there any good places to stay in Chilliwack? I'm usually just there to drop off livestock to the packer! Never slept over!
    The .375 Ruger is the most successful .375 caliber cartridge introduced in the last 100 years. It is clearly the New King of the .375's
    The .375 H&H is now truly obsolete...

  2. #22
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    AB
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Geer_Hoor View Post
    I realize that PT means physical training... can anyone provide an idea of the standards required to met? Already signed up...
    There are no standards you have to meet. Lovie is very accommodating and as long as you put your best effort forward she won't make you do push ups.

  3. #23
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Fraser Valley, BC
    Posts
    5,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Hmm, are there any good places to stay in Chilliwack? I'm usually just there to drop off livestock to the packer! Never slept over!
    I'm going to speak to a few of the local inns and see if they will offer a group deal. Stay tuned!
    Molon Labe!! Write your MP, Minister of Public Safety and the PM to protest the prohibition of the 80 lowers, 10/22 mags, 858 Spartan!
    Interested in Tactical Rifle shooting in the Lower Mainland/Fraser Valley? Check out dssmatch.com!

  4. #24
    Super GunNutz pipeliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MB
    Posts
    275
    I'd love to take the course in Calgary or Peace River.. Shattered my femur last year, knee is still Fubar from surgery..
    Can I still come out to play??

  5. #25
    HELP! I sold my soul to the internet onetwentyish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Alberta
    Posts
    5,001
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    I'd love to take the course in Calgary or Peace River.. Shattered my femur last year, knee is still Fubar from surgery..
    Can I still come out to play??
    The course I took with them last November was very demanding on knees and holding a half squatted position, if you don't think you can do that for a couple days, you may want to consider waiting until your better. We did lots of reps of dry fire going half squatted to kneeling to half squatted to kneeling, to half squatted...... and so on.

    WEAR QUALITY KNEE PADS. Also make sure you wear good foot wear that allows your toes to bend to stay properly grounded to go right back into standing in one fluid movement. Steel toed boots not recommended! Lol
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    Suppressors. Silencers. Cans.
    Canada's Only Prohibited Health and Safety Device. Sign and share the petition.

    soundmoderatorscanada.ca

  6. #26
    CGN Regular Coho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    867
    Trying to get the time off for the CDTSA class.
    Member: CSSA, NFA, IPSC
    Yes, I am a Leatherworker ---- FIVE Leather ----

  7. #27
    Business Member Zahal.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    916
    Good news! We'll have a second run in Abbotsford the weekend of April 30th!

  8. #28
    Member Mesayat's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    29
    Do you need your PAL for this course? I have a friend of mine who'd love to do it and use my spare Tavor. I will of course, be present. I know Silverdale allows members to bring guests so I thought i'd ask.

  9. #29
    Super GunNutz pipeliner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    MB
    Posts
    275
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    The course I took with them last November was very demanding on knees and holding a half squatted position, if you don't think you can do that for a couple days, you may want to consider waiting until your better. We did lots of reps of dry fire going half squatted to kneeling to half squatted to kneeling, to half squatted...... and so on.

    WEAR QUALITY KNEE PADS. Also make sure you wear good foot wear that allows your toes to bend to stay properly grounded to go right back into standing in one fluid movement. Steel toed boots not recommended! Lol
    Hey onetwentyish,
    I really appreciate the info! Looks like I need to hold off, I can't even do a full squat yet. Lol.
    For those that are in good health, this course looks amazing!!

  10. #30
    Business Member Zahal.org's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    916
    Quote Originally Posted by Mesayat View Post
    Do you need your PAL for this course? I have a friend of mine who'd love to do it and use my spare Tavor. I will of course, be present. I know Silverdale allows members to bring guests so I thought i'd ask.
    You're not the only person to ask about this. We're looking into it with our insurance, but its definitely not something we planned for.

    Current suspicion is that the underwriters will have no problem with non-PAL holders attending the dry fire portions, but that there may be issues with the live-fire.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •