Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2016 IDF Tavor Course Dates and Details

The Calgary course the guy was talking about staying in Calgary. I would stay in high river before Calgary. Vulcan is another choice, Wheatland is a clean hotel. The other one is quite dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by SKIBEEDOO View Post
    The Calgary course the guy was talking about staying in Calgary. I would stay in high river before Calgary. Vulcan is another choice, Wheatland is a clean hotel. The other one is quite dirty.
    Was just wondering about that myself as I am booked into that course as well.

Also debating pulling the 5th wheel down, any suggestions for a campground in the area?

Milo in town I believe has full services campground. There is also a campground out west side of Lake. Otherwise, I would likely stay in town, last time I was there there was the bar and a grocery store and a small Chinese restaurant. If you need more info I can make some calls.

Yep milo has a campground 5min from the range

Quote Originally Posted by Zahal.org View Post
    Zero chance. We'd love to, but it's really out of our hands. If we bring Lovie back again later in 2016, we might have some ideas then.
    IF?!
    You'd better bring her back

Quote Originally Posted by SKIBEEDOO View Post
    Milo in town I believe has full services campground. There is also a campground out west side of Lake. Otherwise, I would likely stay in town, last time I was there there was the bar and a grocery store and a small Chinese restaurant. If you need more info I can make some calls.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoKa View Post
    Yep milo has a campground 5min from the range
    Thanks Guys!

I ended up just booking into a hotel in Vulcan. So, Tavor course and get to see the starship enterprise in town. I'm officially labeling this little trip as "The trip my wife most willingly missed".

A little off topic but I hear people talking about gen 1 and 2. Can someone please tell me the difference and how to tell what you got. Thanks.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar

CGN Ultra frequent flyer copeland's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Any more pics for us not fortunate enough to be there?
    TVPP's pic looked like the 100yd range, correct?
    Yes we were on range 1 (indoor) and 2 (100 meter).

Im sure TVPP will have more photos once he has downtime for editing. Sounds lke Zahal is keeping them busy over here, which is great for our shooting community.
    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama, 2001.

“Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest.” -Mahatma Gandhi